Ways to spend the rest of your summer in Kitchener-Waterloo 

People walking through kitchener market

Looking for things to do in August before the summer’s over? Kitchener-Waterloo has a long list of activities and attractions to keep the next month exciting. 

Kitchener night market

Every week you can head to Uptown Waterloo to catch regular events that are entirely free. Check out the Uptown Night Market every Thursday from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Waterloo Public Library to eat some good food and see some live music.

You can also catch free weekly dance lessons at Salsa in the Square by The Underdog Dance Corp., every Thursday from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. in Waterloo Public Square with live performances. There are also free weekly Bollywood dance classes every Saturday run by the Fame Lee Dance Club and held at Underdog Dance Corp.  

If you’re looking for something fitness based, head to Waterloo Park every Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. for Yoga in the Park run by Sunday Yoga Co. for $10 a class. 

Movie in the park

Waterloo Park is also where Create Waterloo hosts Movies in the Park. Head to the park for sunset on Aug. 10 for a showing of Ratatouille, and Aug. 24 for Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 3. Create Waterloo runs the event in partnership with Princess Cinemas and The Beat Goes On in support of the Waterloo Region Food Bank. Donations of non-perishable goods are welcomed and encouraged. 

Waterloo Public Square will be the site of a campfire Aug. 9 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Hosted by Create Waterloo, you can hang out around the fire while listening to live local music.  

From Aug. 24 to 27, Waterloo Public Square will be taken over by the Sun Life Waterloo Busker Carnival. This non-profit carnival run by volunteers totes acts such as acrobatics and firebreathers, so be sure to catch it while you can.  

For those in Kitchener, you don’t have to leave the area to have fun. You can go to the Kitchener Market on Eby Street Aug. 2 and 9 from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. Vendors will be selling fresh produce and other goods you can enjoy while watching live performances. Kitchener will also have the TD Kitchener Blues Festival, featuring various performances and experiences with a ticket price of $40. 

Apart from activities and events, the Kitchener-Waterloo region is home to many attractions where you can spend hours taking in various artistic scenery. The Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery features beautiful works with no admission price.  

You can also hike at the Laurel Creek Conservation Area, shop at the St. Jacobs Market, explore the Waterloo Region Museum’s 60 acre living history exhibit, or interact with various exhibits at The Museum in Kitchener.  

Check out some of the events happening in the Kitchener-Waterloo region this summer and keep an eye out for any new event announcements.