Women in Leadership Laurier’s little library returns to campus 

WILL books
WILL books
Photo by Charlotte Cousens

For all the book lovers out there, Women in Leadership Laurier’s (WILL) Little Library made its return on Dec. 4.

WILL introduced their little library in November of 2022 for the first time.

All Proceeds from this event were donated to the Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region.

The swift return of WILL’s Little Library was prompted by the success of the first, which occurred in mid-October.

“The first book drive went so well. It was so fun to see students getting excited about picking up a new book, especially at a low price. Lots of people were asking us if we were planning another book drive later in the year,”

Charlotte Cousens, WILL’s Vice-President of Internal

To participate, all students had to do was bring a book of their own to exchange for a new one. Bookmarks were sold for $1 and $2, and books were also sold for $5 for those who didn’t have one to exchange.

In addition, by engaging with a little library, attendees entered a book giveaway featuring highly sought after authors.

This giveaway included signed works from two acclaimed authors: Kate Quinn and Brianna Wiest. Previously, Colleen Hoover and Chanel Miller were the giveaway authors.

“The giveaway was a huge driver of our success. Since the books were donated by Colleen Hoover and Chanel Miller, it allowed us to leverage their names to attract attention,” said Cousens. “The student traffic generated by the giveaway allowed us to generate $240 in revenue that will be donated to the Women’s Crisis Center of Waterloo Region.”

The central focus of WILL’s Little Library was its charitable mission to support the Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region.

Supporting causes that empower women and children in their journey to overcome violence aligns with the club’s fundamental objective of supporting women through their journey to reach their goals.

By participating in WILL’s Little Library, students were contributing to a great cause that resonates with compassion and support.

More information can be found on WILL’s Instagram @willaurier or @willmentorship to learn about WILL’s mentorship program.