Quartet Stuns with Hans Zimmer Concert 

Hans Zimmer concert
Hans Zimmer concert
Photo by: Bailey McIntrye

Hans Zimmer has created many musical masterpieces for films over the years.

To hear them performed live by the Listeso String Quartet at Maxwell’s in Waterloo created a truly overpowering experience for the entire crowd.

This concert put on by fever presents Candlelight Concerts featured songs such as “Time” from Inception, “Cornfield Chase” from Interstellar and “Pirates of the Caribbean Suite” from its namesake.

During the concert, two members of the Listeso String Quartet thanked the crowd for their applause in between sets.

“Not only are they super talented at what they do, they cracked jokes in between sets and made the audience feel engaged. It was a great experience and I would love to go see them again,” said Taylor Louzon, a student from the University of Waterloo.

Maxwells in Waterloo was the ideal location for this event, as the darkness of the venue paired with dozens of lit candles contributed to the musical atmosphere.

Tickets for this event ranged from $35 to $65 plus tax.

Section A ranged from the first three rows of the venue priced at approximately $65 plus tax.

Although the atmosphere is the main reason to attend an event like this, the front row seats make for much more of an immersive and engaging experience.

If you can purchase front row tickets for the next Candlelight Concert event you attend, I highly recommend it.

The Listeso String Quartet will be returning to Maxwells in Waterloo on Jan. 12, 2024.

Tickets are currently available for the next event through the feverup website.