ESA Bookmark Paint Night EventĀ 

Painted bookmark

On Nov. 23 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the Dr. Alvin Woods Building (DAWB), the English Student Association (ESA) hosted a ā€œPaint & Sipā€ bookmark painting event. 

All applicants who entered the competition had the chance to win a $20 Indigo gift card for their artistic efforts.Ā 

ESA is a student-run club for English and Film majors that wish to participate in events related to their major.  

The ESA has hosted a few events throughout the fall term such as a Halloween party, book launch event, trivia night and a paint night in the DAWB. 

The ā€œSipā€ portion of the event featured mocktails from Wilfā€™s Bar alongside cookies, chips and chocolate.  

At the event, there were tables set up with watercolour paint supplies to use on canvas bookmarks or blank canvases pages.  

Participants exercised their creativity while listening to a collection of songs from Taylor Swift, Suki Waterhouse and Harry Styles.  

Ava Seca, a first-year student and volunteer writer for The Cord, attended the event. 

ā€œIt seemed fun and I invited a friend to come with me,ā€ said Seca. 

During the event there were multiple talented works of bookmark art on display. 

This included a sunflower painting alongside works featuring movie references (primarily Disney) alongside Taylor Swift lyrics. 

ā€œI loved my time at the event. It was my second time attending an ESA event, and I look forward to attending more in the future,ā€ said Seca. ā€œThe ESA has given me a chance to unwind with my friends and bond with classmates over shared interests.ā€ 

Organizers from ESA made sure the event ran smoothly, taking the time to socialize with those who attended.Ā 

ā€œI appreciate how friendly the organizers of the event were and how open the space was for everyone to just relax and enjoy themselves. Iā€™d love to be a part of the ESA one day, and Iā€™m so excited for the future events to come,ā€

Ava Seca

If you are interested in attending an event in the future you can follow ESA @esawlu on Instagram or email them at wlubesa@gmail.com to be added to their mailing list.