Waterloo coffee spots you’ll love a latte

The coffee shop scene in uptown Waterloo is filled with great drinks and fun aesthetics. 

If you walk down King Street, you’ll find ample options to study, hang out with friends or just grab a quick treat for yourself. Every coffee shop has its own style and unique features. 

Oftentimes during midterms and exams, it can be hard to find any space to study on campus. Why not venture off campus and into the local businesses that make uptown Waterloo so special?

Death Valley’s Little Brother, or DVLB, starts off the coffee shop crawl with coffee and whiskey. This rustic looking shop has a wide variety of coffee and alcohol-based beverages to choose from, depending on the mood you’re in.

DVLB has a good amount of room to study, but don’t be surprised to see it filled with people.

Further up King Street, you’ll hit Princess Café. Conveniently located at the Princess Cinema, this is the perfect place to grab a treat before seeing a movie with your friends or significant other. 

The Princess also has lots of seating and food options if you need somewhere to camp out for an extra-long exam study session.

If you’re looking for good food and coffee and a unique atmosphere that you can’t find on campus, don’t hesitate to explore the options in the Waterloo community.

If you’re looking for somewhere that has space for your study group and has a plethora of food and drink options, Settlement Co. will be your go-to coffee shop. 

One of the highlights of Settlement Co. is their selection of dessert waffle creations with everything from cinnamon roll to cookies and cream.

Right next door to Settlement Co. is BRCH. With its minimalist aesthetic and simple menu, BRCH serves coffee and tea by day and natural wine by night.

BRCH has a ton of plant-based and vegan-friendly options for their drinks and snacks, perfect for anyone who has dietary restrictions. BRCH has a big table and lots of natural light which is great for studying or a good Instagram picture. 

Finally, if you just need somewhere to stop in for a coffee and a pastry, check out the Bauer Bakery and Café, attached to the Bauer Kitchen. Bauer’s pastry chefs fill their showcase every morning with cookies, cakes, sandwiches and a weekly feature item. There’s not much room to study here, but it’s the perfect place for a caffeine pick me up and a snack.

As a student in Waterloo, it’s easy to just spend time on campus or in a nearby Starbucks to get coffee or get some work done, but there are so many great places just a few steps, or a few bus stops away that students should be more eager to take advantage of.