Holiday markets you can look forward to in Waterloo this festive season

Illustration of people near market stalls
Graphic by Kash Patel

It’s November – you know what that means, on to the next festive season! Just because the weather is getting colder and the ground will soon be filled with snow, doesn’t mean we have to go into hibernation. Time to hear those jingle bells ring, hang those stockings, and get gift shopping. Kitchener-Waterloo is known for its holiday markets, so in the spirit of giving, find out find out which ones to visit.

Forbes Hall in Waterloo invites all ages to find that perfect gift at the Very Merry Market on Nov. 5. You can buy tickets online for just $5.83. You won’t want to miss this Christmas craft show featuring all things snowy and white! 

Christmas Shopalooza at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 272 in Cambridge will be host to 30 different holiday vendors on Nov. 6 from 11am-4pm. With free entrance, you can shop for all of your holiday needs, visit Santa, and enter a contest for a chance to win a $250 shopping spree!  

Who wouldn’t love an online marketplace that hosts in-person events? Forbes Hall in Waterloo is hosting an Etsy Market on Nov. 12 and 13. For a $2 admission, you can check out over 75 vendors selling various vintage items and handmade goods. 

Shopping and socializing is the way to make the best memories this holiday season. On Nov. 14th from 4 pm-9 pm, bring your friends to Christmas Sip ‘N Shop in Elmira at Sip ‘N Bite Restaurant. They’ll have vendors selling everything from sweet treats to soaps and custom charcuterie boards. By attending this event, you’d be giving back to the community. Tickets cost $11.62, and all proceeds will be donated to Woolwich Community Services. The event will also be accepting non-perishable food items, clothing and toys to be donated to Woolwich Goodwill Programs. Tickets can be bought online and will include refreshments.  

You can’t miss St. Jacobs Sparkles market during the holiday season! Come for the shopping and sweets, and stay for the sparkling Christmas lights. Bring a date to the night market on Nov. 18 and 25 from 5-8 pm, or Nov. 20 and 27 from 2-5 pm. Picture yourself under the twinkling lights, drinking hot chocolate, and listening to live music by local musicians! The St. Jacobs daytime market is just as festive, with decorations and Santa visits on Nov. 19 and 26 from 1-4 pm. 

The best gifts are made with love. The RIM Park Sportsplex is hosting a pottery sale and workshop on Nov. 18 from 1-9 pm, Nov.19 from 10 am-6 pm and Nov. 20 from noon until 4 pm. This craft market is sure to be home to the most thoughtful and unique gift for a loved one.  

This holiday season visit the local festive markets! It’s the perfect way to spend time with those you love, get your shopping done early, and get in the holiday spirit.