Harry Styles cleans up at 2023 BRIT Awards

Credit: Jeff Spicer/Getty Images

The recent BRIT Awards took place and were not to be missed. The BRIT Awards are the annual showcase for the UK music industry, held in London, England. This year, artists such as Lizzo, The 1975, Stormyz, Harry Styles, Elton John, Wet Leg, and Sam Smith were nominated.  

Harry Styles swept the board this year, winning every category he was nominated for. As the biggest Harry Styles fan in the universe, I can say these results made me pretty happy. This may be a controversial opinion because many people have expressed that he shouldn’t have won the awards over his contemporaries. These four awards come just a week after Styles won two Grammys for Album of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album.  

The first award Styles won at the BRITs was Album of The Year for his third studio album, Harry’s House. Nominated alongside him were The 1975, Fred Again, Stormyz and Wet Leg. This award was well earned, as Harry’s House was one of the most top-streamed albums of 2022, surpassing 4.5 billion streams and continuing to be played well into 2023. Styles has been touring globally for over a year performing his new album and, is already working on his fourth studio album.  

The second award  Styles won that night is Artist of The Year. This category is meant to recognize solo artists and their success, passion and commitment to their music. Another well-deserved win, as Styles has been touring for so long, spreading the delights of his music with fans across the globe. Other nominees for this category include Central Lee, Fred Again, George Ezra, and Stormyz.  

Styless third win of the night was for Song of The Year, for his song As It Was. It reached 1.9 billion streams and was the most streamed track on Spotify in 2022. This song is the fourth track on  Harry’s House and is played in nearly every store you walk into. Many other phenomenal artists were nominated under this category including Ed Sheeran & Elton John, Lewis Capaldi, Cat Burns and Sam Smith but Harry continued his winning streak.  

Styles’s fourth and final win of the night was for the Pop/R&B category. Though he has produced some fantastic cry-to songs, many of his popular songs are upbeat and put you in a dancing mood. This win perfectly showcases his ability to produce all kinds of music and excels at making people feel good through his songs. If you have ever been to his concert, then you know that the vibe and the energy are absolutely unmatched. The way Styles treats his love for music and his fans makes him the perfect person to win the awards he did.

Featured image credit: Jeff Spicer/Getty Images. From Billboard. https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/2023-brit-awards-record-setters-facts-feats-analysis-harry-styles-wet-leg-1235252344/