Celebrate Superbowl Sunday with these local delivery and pick-up options

Photo by Darien Funk

Feb. 7 marks Superbowl Sunday, the NFL’s championship game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Kansas City Chiefs.

While you may not be able to go to your favourite sports bar or gather with your friends to watch the game, there’s no reason you can’t celebrate and cheer on your favourite team from home. 

Celebrating during COVID-19 may present some challenges, but with hundreds of restaurants and food businesses still open in the region and offering meals to the public, there are still opportunities for you to enjoy your weekend and support local KW businesses. 

Here are a few places around the region that are offering curbside pick-up or delivery with your superbowl necessities. 

Food

There are lots of local businesses that are offering superbowl sunday orders so that you can celebrate at home. 

If you want the traditional Superbowl celebration experience, Lancaster Smokehouse Co., is a great option. Lancaster Smokehouse Co., a Southern style BBQ restaurant located in Kitchener, is doing curbside pickup between 2 and 4 p.m on Superbowl Sunday. They’re offered nacho kits, southern fried wings and BBQ platters. 

You can’t go wrong with ordering food at Philthy Philly’s. Located right across the street from the Laurier campus, they offer countless cheesesteak sandwiches and poutine options. Try ordering one of their catering platters, which offers enough food to feed up to 35 people (but make sure you’re not gathering and are following the COVID-19 guidelines). 

Drinks

Bring the bar to your house for Superbowl Sunday. One option for doing this is by ordering cocktail kits, beer or wine from Public Kitchen and Bar. Located in Kitchener, they also offer take-out meals, and have a Superbowl Sunday tailgate food and beer box if you’d like to pair your drinks with some food.  

If you couldn’t tell from their name, Arabella Park Beer Bar is also a great place to pick up a few drinks. They are offering $2 off of growlers and also have food available for pick-up. They also have a bottle-shop, where you can order beer, cider, wine or spirit-free drinks.

The Waterloo region’s craft beer scene is pretty extensive – another local favourite is local microbrewery Red Circle Brewing Co. While they typically offer home delivery for their products, they’re partnering with Graffiti Market on Feb. 7, and are now accepting pre-orders for a snack box and six-pack of their drinks.