March 24, 2010

Dear Life is your opportunity to write a letter to your life, allowing you to vent your anger with life’s little frustrations in a completely public forum. All submissions to Dear Life are anonymous, should be no longer than 100 words and must be addressed to your life. Submissions can be sent to dearlife@thecord.ca no later than Monday at noon each week.

Dear Life,

Why are there so many girls walking around campus in shorts, tank tops and flip flops? You’re jumping the gun on summer and look like an idiot to everyone else around you.

Sincerely,
Put On a Sweater

Dear Life,

Believe it or not, some people on this campus are trying to WORK on Laurier Day. Instead I’m so distracted that I’m writing this. I also doubt the tour guides enjoy shouting over the music.

Sincerely,
Can’t Hear Myself Think

Dear Life,

Don’t complain about A-Team events and the job they do. Remember the team is a volunteer committee, they have lives and are in school. If there is confusion about tickets deal with it, probably not the biggest deal, and if it is a problem man up and actually tell an A-Teamer to their face so it can be changed, don’t hide in The Cord so that nothing can be changed.

Sincerely,
Grow a Pair and Appreciate What People Do For You

Dear Life,

In response to “Engaged at 16 and Happy About It.” Some people don’t need to be engaged before you’re a legal adult to prove their love for someone. Love isn’t about others assumptions, thoughts or feelings towards your relationship.

Sincerely,
Don’t Trip On Your Way Down the Aisle

Dear Life,

To the person who said putting down religion is as bad as racism. People don’t make unjustified claims about the origins of the universe, fly planes into buildings or slow down the progress of science because of their race. Different races are not detrimental to society, whereas religions want to have political influence because they have “God” on their side.

Sincerely,
Wake Up and Smell Your Own Ignorance

Dear Life,

I just wanted to thank Foot Patrol for being the most mismanaged WLUSU service. I am embarrassed to be associated with it. The unprofessional manner in which it treats its volunteers is reminiscent of a brutal dictatorship. I feel that people should be aware of how it’s run internally so they can stay the hell away from ever volunteering for it.

Sincerely,
Figure Out That We’re VOLUNTEERS

Dear Life,

When I order my pita I only like one topping inside. You’d think Pita Shack employees would like the simplicity but all I get are looks of confusion and even some “REALLY? Just one topping?” in an impolite voice. They are paid to be polite and smile, not judge someone’s personal opinion on what should go into a pita.

Sincerely,
Pilot Pita Sounds Good

Dear Life,

Someone should tell the university it’s a really stupid waste of money (not to mention unsustainable) to blast the heat so much I have to open my window all winter, let alone still have the heat up this high in 16-degree weather. Oh wait, they already know and aren’t doing anything about it.

Sincerely,
Slowly Suffocating In My Office