Laurier announces classes will be moved online for Fall Term amidst COVID-19 pandemic

Laurier has announced that they will offer most courses virtually or online for the Fall 2020 Term.

“Over the past few weeks, the university has been engaged in collaborative discussions to consider how we will deliver the fall term in a way that meets government and public health guidelines and maintains the safety of our new and returning students, faculty and staff,” the statement said. 

“Equally important, we considered how to deliver our fall term in a way that upholds the quality of our academic experience and student supports while ensuring that we continue to feel the unique sense of community that sets Laurier apart.” 

This statement comes as an update to the one released in April, which stated that Laurier was working alongside public health authorities in an effort to determine the best course of action for the Fall Term. 

The news release also stated that Laurier is working to determine which aspects of classes, programs and activities can be delivered in person in the coming semester, in alignment with public health requirements. 

Faculties will be sending out further information about the state of remote and in-person learning within the coming weeks.