Laurier shares updated strategy for Fall Term instruction amidst evolving COVID-19 concerns

The developing news surrounding COVID-19 continues to influence Wilfrid Laurier and other universities around the world, impacting students in a variety of different ways.

According to a news release posted on April 18, Laurier is working alongside public health authorities in order to determine when and how it will be safe for students to return to in-person classroom instruction for the Fall Term.

“Although on-campus activities may be modified, we want to assure you that your Laurier experience will continue this September. Classes may be delivered fully or partially through remote instruction, for example — but no matter what approach is taken, be assured that our faculty and staff will continue to work with students, offering the high quality of teaching and student satisfaction that Laurier is known for,” the statement said.

Updates about financial aid, mental health supports, academic advising and other relevant information are ongoing and will be provided as information becomes available.

The release assures that Laurier will continue to have a “holistic approach” and will remain committed to “academic excellence.”

More information to come.