Finding food on campus this week

(File photo by Kate Turner)
(File photo by Kate Turner)

Wilfrid Laurier University will officially close for the holidays Dec. 22, following the conclusion of the exam period on Dec. 19. However, a number of on campus food outlets will be closing before Dec. 22.

The Dining Hall will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 17, 18 and 19, before closing for the holidays at 3:30 p.m. — opening at 8:30 a.m. — on Thursday, Dec. 20.

The food outlets in The Terrace food court will be operating on differing schedules. Mr. Sub, Pita Shack and Spring Rolls have all closed for the holidays, while Pizza Pizza, Harvey’s, Williams and Union Market will all be open until the evening on Wednesday, Dec. 19. On Dec. 19, Pizza Pizza will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Harvey’s from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and both Williams and Union Market from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

The Tim Horton’s location in the Science Building will be open until 1 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 21, operating from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. the rest of the week. The Tim Horton’s in the Peters Building, meanwhile, will be closing for the holidays at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 19; it will be open 8 a.m to 2 p.m. Monday and Tuesday.

Wilf’s will be open until 1 a.m. Dec. 17, 18 and 19 before closing for the break at 3 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 20.

Both food outlets inside residences (Tim Horton’s in King Street Res., Waterloo College Hall Res. Cafe) have already closed for the holidays. The Second Cup location inside the Library and Veritas Cafe are also closed.

The food outlet on campus that will be open the longest is Starbucks, which will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.The Starbucks location will also be the earliest to resume operation opening from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m Jan 2, 3 and 4. It will, however be closed Jan. 5 and 6.

All other food outlets will re-open — operating under normal hours — when classes resume Jan. 7, aside from the Dining Hall, which will be open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Jan. 6.