Dear Life: Feb. 6, 2013

Dear-Life-done
(Graphic by Adele Palmquist).

Dear Life,
I am astounded today with the number of people who don’t have any manners.  It seems as if every generation is slowly losing respect for one another.  When I say “hi” to someone and we make eye contact, and they don’t say anything and simply walk away, I think to myself “Their parents must have raised them better than this.” You don’t have to like me, I don’t care if you do or not, but at least act like a civil human being.  It makes you look bad, not me.
Sincerely,
I hate being a part of this generation

Dear Life,
I love Laurier. From the people who make me feel better in Health and Counseling Services, the students who serve me delicious food at Wilf’s, to the ladies who work at the Science Building Tim Horton’s who never cease to brighten my day. I love all of you. You make Laurier a truly awesome place to go to school.
Sincerely,
Lots of Love

Dear Life,
DO NOT rent from WOCH. They are negligent and disgusting. For the sake of your own health and safety, rent from ANY other company.
Sincerely,
Thanks for making this year a living hell

Dear Life,
Accidentally picked up a copy of community Cord and panicked when I couldnt find my favourite section.
Sincerely,
Yay regular Cord!

Dear Life,
How long does it take a science student, a business student, and an arts student to log onto a computer on campus? 20 minutes.
Sincerely,
Username and password invalid, try logging into Novell account.

Dear Life,
I accidentally described myself to my new roommates as an easy going person. I must now suffer the consequences of being flashed by their genitals.
Sincerely,
Can’t hold up a conversation with you’re washing dishes

Dear Life,
I sometimes sit in my bedroom with all the lights off so my room mates think I’m not home.
Sincerely,
Trying to get some peace and quiet

Dear Life,
I understand that elections are important and our school is a ”democracy” (*cough*, *cough* definitely a popularity contest) but besides that the election booths in the concourse are taking up room for more bake sales and you know sometimes a girl just needs options when it comes to $1.00 brownies! LET’S TAKE BACK THE CONCOURSE! WHO NEEDS ELECTIONS WHEN WE CAN SUPPORT CAUSES BY BUYING SWEETS AND GETTING FAT!
Sincerely,
Leader of this revolution

Dear life,
If MyLearningSpace is down 95 per cent of the time, why the fuck do we still use it?!
Sincerely,
sick of this fucking bullshit

Dear Life,
James Popkie made a really bad first impression on me with Rape Prevention Needed. His article last week was 99 per cent less stupid, so props for that. I’d be an activist if the world of activism wasn’t so full of people like Smith, and I certainly can relate to Popkie’s experiences. What I’d like to know, though, is where can I find this wonderful, beautiful place where women have enough power that they have the option of exploiting it?
Sincerely,
Missing out on something awesome

Dear Life,
To the hotties on the men’s varsity hockey team, get at me.
Sincerely,
Puck bunny whose ears are showing

Dear Life,
Ever get that feeling where you wish you could go back in time and just change the past. I wish I had just said “hello.” One word is all it takes.
Sincerely,
Out of my system

Dear Life,
Chris Walker’s platform has more holes than a certain Louis Sachar novel.
Sincerely,
Dani has the best platform

Dear Life,
Sinbad for president. Of the United States, not WLUSU.
Sincerely,
He’s got experience… House Guest

Click here to send in a Dear Life completely anonymously through our website.