Bag-O-Crime: November 14, 2012

Unknown Call Requiring Police Assistance

Location: On Campus Reported: Monday, November 5, 2012 @ 8:55 am

A male student contacted SCS in relation to some personal issues he was having with a female classmate.  He was given advice to resolve some of those problems.  No further action required at this time by SCS.

Break and Enter: 

Location: Residence Reported: Monday, November 5, 2012 @ 6:18 pm

SCS is investigating the theft of a Play Station 3, a controller, a video game (Call of Duty – Black OP) from a student’s room in the student residence.  After returning home from classes the student discovered the items missing from his room.  The theft occurred sometime overnight from Saturday to Sunday. There are no suspects.

Graffiti:

Location: Residence Reported: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 @ 1:52 am

A SCS officer on mobile patrol discovered some graffiti on two dumpsters at the north end of the parking lot.  Person(s) unknown had left two indiscernible ‘tags’ in white and silver paint on the exterior of the dumpsters.

Privately Towed Vehicle:

Location: Parking Lot #24 Reported: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 @ 9:40 am

SCS assisted Parking Services with the removal of a vehicle that had a number of unpaid fines levied against it.  It was towed by Active Towing to their impound lot. W.R.P.S. was notified of the tow.

Alarm:

Location: Frank C. Peters Building Reported: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 @ 8:14 am

SCS officers attended to a burglary alarm in one of the rooms.  It was determined that a new employee had set off the alarm.  He had yet been supplied with a cancel code.  The alarm was reset.

Drugs:

Location: Residence Reported: Wednesday November 07, 2012 @ 12:05am

SCS Officers responded to a drug call at a residence. A patrolling Don had smelled a marihuana odor coming from one of the rooms. A small amount of marijuana was taken to W.R.P.S. North Division for destruction.  No charges were laid. The student will be attending a meeting with Residence Life to discuss the matter further.

Alarm:

Location: Concourse Reported: Wednesday, November 7, 2012 @ 6:37 am

SCS officers and members from The Waterloo Fire Dept responded to a fire alarm at the Concourse. The alarm was caused by a contractor cutting drywall underneath a detector. There was no sign of smoke or fire and the alarm was reset.

Injured/Sick Person: 

Location: Science Building Reported: Wednesday, Nov 7, 2012 @ 1:13 pm

SCS officers and EMS attended to the Science Building in response to a report of a female losing consciousness. On arrival the female was conscious and was attended to by EMS personnel. The 19 year old female who is an employee of Tim Horton’s advised that she had not eaten since the previous day. When she lost consciousness she struck her head and was subsequently transported to Grand River Hospital by EMS.

Assist Other Service:

Location: Residence Reported: Wednesday, November 7, 2012 @ 9:56 pm

WRPS requested the assistance of SCS with an individual on Bricker Ave who reported being struck by items thrown from a residence as she was walking by. She stated that she was struck on the back of the head by what she believed to be a tomato. Investigation identified 4 male residents who ultimately admitted to being responsible. They stated that they did not intend to hit anyone with the food items but merely wanted to see people’s reaction when the items landed around them. They expressed a desire to apologize and were advised to put their apologies in writing. The matter will also be sent to the Dean of Students.

Privately Towed Vehicle:

Location: Lot 3A Reported: Thursday, November 8, 2012 @ 1:21 pm

At the request of Parking Services a vehicle was towed from lot 3A for numerous outstanding parking fines. It was towed by Active Towing to their impound lot. WRPS was notified of the tow.

Alarm:

Location: Residence Reported: Thursday, November 8, 2012 @ 3:56 pm

SCS officers and members from The Waterloo Fire Dept. responded to a fire alarm at a Residence. The cause of the alarm was determined to be a damaged heat detector. There was no sign of smoke or fire. WFD cleared the residents to return to the building and Physical Resources were contacted to make repairs.

Alarm:  IR# 081112-1500

Location: Athletic Complex Reported: Thursday, November 8, 2012 @ 8:04 pm

Officers responded to a local alarm at the Athletic Complex. It appeared that someone had activated one of the emergency alarms situated around the pool deck. No one observed anyone but it’s assumed that the activation was accidental. No one was in distress and the alarm was reset.

By-Law Complaint:

Location: 202 Regina St. Reported: Thursday, November 8, 2012 @ 8:29 pm

While on patrol SCS officers observed the passenger in a slow moving vehicle headed northbound on Regina throw a bottle towards 202 Regina St. near a group of people and smash it. The passenger was identified as a 20 year old W.L.U. and issued a Provincial Offence Notice for Littering pursuant to Waterloo’s Public Nuisance By-Law.

Alarm:

Location: Northdale Campus Reported: Thursday, November 8, 2012 @ 9:23 pm

SCS officers responded to an alarm at the Northdale Campus. On arrival all exterior doors were found to be secure. A check of the interior was conducted and all appeared to be in order. The cause of the alarm was undetermined. The alarm was reset.

Alarm:

Location: Residence Reported: Thursday, November 8, 2012 @ 11:41 pm

Special Constables and members from The Waterloo Fire Dept. responded to a fire alarm at the student residence. The cause of the alarm was determined to be an activated fire alarm pull station in B Wing on the 1st floor. There was no sign of smoke or fire and the Fire Dept gave the all clear for residents to return to the building. There are no suspects. The alarm was reset.

Property Damage:

Location: Residence Reported: Friday, November 9, 2012 @ 1:30 am

SCS received a report of a broken window in a door at the south rear entrance to the student residence. It is unknown how the window was damaged. There are no suspects. Physical Resources was notified for repairs.

Disturbance:

Location: The Turret Nightclub Reported: Friday, November 9, 2012 @ 1:38 am

An 18 year old male W.L.U. student was arrested by W.R.P.S. at the nightclub for Assault Police. He had been involved in a disturbance on the dance floor..

Liquor Offence:

Location: Alumni Field Reported: Friday, November 9, 2012 @ 2:25 am

SCS officers encountered an intoxicated female on the sports field identified as an 18 year old Mississauga resident (guest at W.L.U.).  She was left in the care of her host. It was determined that she had been in the company of two other W.L.U. students at The Turret Night Club earlier in the evening. This matter will be dealt with by The Judicial Affairs Council as a result of a number of liquor related infractions committed by the two students.

Property Damage:

Location: Residence Reported: Saturday, November 10, 2012 @ 12:31 am

SCS received a report of a broken window at the student residence.  Person(s) unknown had smashed out a window on the 2nd floor by the east stairwell.  There are no cameras in this area.  Physical Resources was notified for repairs.

Unwanted Person:

Location: Athletic Complex Reported: Saturday, November 10, 2012 @ 8:13 am

SCS officers evicted a 48 year old female, Cambridge resident from the sports facility.  She is known to SCS officers and had been previously trespassed from all W.L.U. properties but had returned. She was issued with a Trespass Notice and sent on her way.

Misc. Assistance:

Location: Residence Reported: Sunday, November 11, 2012 @ 5:27 am

The W.R.P.S. Dispatch Centre contacted the S.C.S. Dispatch Centre in relation to a hang up 9.1.1. telephone call that was traced back to the student residence.  SCS officers attended to the location but found no one to be in distress or requiring assistance.

Person Stop:

Location: Parking Lot #3 Reported: Sunday, November 11, 2012 @ 5:28 am

S.C.S. officers encountered a male standing on the roof of a vehicle in the parking lot.  He was identified as a 20 year old non student, Elmwood resident.  He had been drinking.  It was determined that he was the owner of the vehicle.  He was advised for his own safety to come down off the car. No further involvement required by S.C.S.

Property Damage:

Location: Residence Reported: Sunday, November 11, 2012 @ 5:29 am

SCS received a report of a broken window at the student residence.  Person(s) unknown had smashed out a window on the 2nd floor by the east stairwell. There are no cameras in this area.  Physical Resources was notified for repairs.

Property Damage:

Location: Bricker Academic Building Reported: Sunday, November 11, 2012 @ 6:00 am

SCS is investigating a report of a broken window on the east side of the building.  Person(s) unknown threw a brick through one of the windows on the 1st floor.  A possible suspect was captured on CCTV cameras running down Bricker Ave. at 4:06 am from the general vicinity. No descriptors available.  Physical Resources was notified for repairs.

Injured/Sick Person:

Location: Student Services Building Reported: Sunday, November 11, 2012 @ 10:47 am

SCS officers and EMS attended to the Dining Hall in response to a call for medical assistance.  A female had suffered from a seizure, collapsed and fallen to the floor.  She was identified as an 18 year old non student (visiting guest).  She was assessed by EMS and taken to Grand River Hospital for further treatment and observation.

Alarm:

Location: Off Campus Reported: Sunday, November 11, 2012 @ 1:12 pm

SCS attended to the storage facility at 96 Rankin St. Waterloo in response to an activated security alarm.  The premises were found to be secure.  Cause of the alarm was unknown.  The alarm was reset.

Suspicious Person:

Location: Residence Reported: Sunday, November 11, 2012 @ 4:46 pm

SCS received a report of a suspicious person by the back entrance to the student residence.  It was believed to be a male that was previously trespassed from the property. An interior and exterior check of the premise turned up with negative results.

Alarm:

Location: Off Campus Reported: Sunday, November 11, 2012 @ 4:56 pm