Bag O’ Crime – Nov. 16-20

BREAK AND ENTER

Location:  50 University Place

Reported: Monday, November 16, 2015 @ 5:43 pm

SCS received a report of a stolen laptop from a student’s residence located at 50 University Ave E, Waterloo, Ontario.  It was believed the MacBook had been stolen sometime on Saturday November 14, 2015.  Given the ongoing issues of Break and Enters at this residence, it is believed this incident may be associated with previously reported incidents which are being investigated by SCS and WRPS.

UNWANTED PERSON

Location:  Concourse

Reported: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 @ 10:30 pm

Special Constables responded to the Concourse after receiving report of a transient female sleeping in the area. The female was located and verbally identified herself. It was determined she had no affiliation with Laurier. The female was directed to leave the property and complied without issues.

GRAFFITI

Location:  Student Services Building

Reported: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 @ 10:11 am

Special Constables were notified of hate-related offensive graffiti located in the men’s washroom in the Student Services Building.  The graffiti included several swastikas.  Physical Resources were notified to remove the offensive ‘tags’.

THEFT UNDER $5000

Location:  Library

Reported: Thursday, November 19, 2015 @ 3:44 pm

SCS received a complaint of a stolen laptop computer from the Laurier library Building from the 7th floor between 3:25 pm – 3:30 pm.  Video surveillance captured two suspects in the building that are already suspects in several other recent thefts at Laurier and UW.  Still images were saved, and will be passed on to WRPS Detectives to assist in their investigation.

GRAFFITI

Location:  Science Research Building

Reported:  Thursday, November 19, 2015 @ 4:54 pm

SCS received a complaint of hate related graffiti in the men’s washroom in the Science Research Building.  The phrase “Kill all Jews” was written in pencil on the wall.  The graffiti was removed by investigating officers.

THEFT UNDER $5000

Location:  26 Hickory St. W. Waterloo

Reported:  Thursday, November 19, 2015 @ 5:20 pm

SCS received a report of a theft from a vehicle at 62 Hickory Street West in Waterloo.  The victim’s vehicle was entered sometime between 02:00 am and 12:00 am on the reporting date.  Items taken include a Michael Kors watch, Ray Ban sunglasses, a Danier leather coat, a Herschel backpack, several textbooks, and several blank cheques (cancelled).  There was no apparent damage to the vehicle.

PROPERTY DAMAGE

Location:  Bricker Residence

Reported: Friday, November 20, 2015 @ 10:30 pm

SCS officers attended the exterior of Bricker Residence regarding an activated fire extinguisher.  Several males were seen running from the area after one unidentified male dropped the extinguisher upon seeing officers.  One male was stopped and questioned in the area, but denied involvement.  There are no suspects.

PROACTIVE INITIATIVE/PROJECT

Location:  University of Waterloo

Reported:  Saturday, November 21, 2015 @ 8:20 pm

SCS was notified by an officer from the U. of W. regarding the theft of a laptop from the Dana Porter Library on their campus at 6:30 pm on the reporting date.  Photos of the suspects and their vehicle were provided to SCS.  Suspect descriptors match those of the male suspects in recent thefts of laptops from Laurier’s Library.  Suspect vehicle described as an Infinity, black, 4 door with black rims.

PROPERTY DAMAGE

Location:  Nils Willison Hall

Reported:  Sunday, November 22, 2015 @ 1:44 am

SCS received a report of a broken window at the student residence.  It was discovered that a window inside the front foyer by the main entrance had been intentionally shattered by person(s) unknown.  Physical Resources attended for repairs.

ARRESTS

Location:  209 Regina St.

Reported: September 24, 2015 @ 1:30 am

On Friday, November 20, 2015 @ 12:15 pm SCS and WRPS officers arrested two male Laurier students on charges of Robbery, Possession of Stolen Property Under $5000 and Use Stolen Credit Card. They were both released on a Promise to Appear and an Officer in Charge Undertaking with bail conditions.

A joint SCS/WRPS investigation had been conducted into a robbery complaint that had occurred in front of the student residence in the early morning hours on September 24, 2015.  A male victim had been accosted by two males, assaulted and robbed of his wallet.