Bag O’ Crime – Dec. 21 – Jan. 2

Location: 200 King St. N.

Reported: Monday, December 21, 2015 @ 11:11 a.m.

SCS was notified of some newly unreported graffiti located on an exterior door of the student residence. Person(s) unknown had carved the lettering, ‘Jew Lover NO’ into the door. There are no CCTV cameras in this area and no suspects. A work order was sent to Physical Resources for removal.

Location: Off Campus

Reported: Monday, December 21, 2015 @ 3:01 p.m.

SCS is investigating several threatening email messages received by a Laurier student on his Laurier account from an unknown sender. The message to the International student indicates his name is on a list and not to return home. WRPS was notified regarding the nature of the message.  

Location: Faculty of Social Work

Reported: Monday, December 21, 2015 @ 5:33 p.m.

An SCS member on mobile patrol discovered some graffiti on a dumpster in the parking lot at the Kitchener campus. Person(s) unknown had scribbled a caricature of a person smoking a joint with the caption, ‘Smile, life is too short.’ The incident was not captured on CCTV cameras.   

Location: Athletic Complex

Reported: Monday, December 21, 2015 @ 9:50 p.m.

SCS attended to the Athletic Complex to investigate a report of a theft that took place while a student was writing an exam. A female student reported leaving her bag containing a jacket, wallet and cell phone near the main entrance to the examination room prior to the beginning of her exam. Upon completion the bag was not located. CCTV cameras will be searched for a possible suspect. Investigation is ongoing.

Location: Bricker Academic Building

Reported: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 @ 4:57 a.m.

SCS was notified of some offensive hate/biased graffiti located on a whiteboard in classroom #BA-112 in the academic building. Person(s) unknown using a black marker had written the tag, ‘Genesis 1 23:27 Fuck Chem Nigga.’ The offensive writings were removed by the attending officer. There are no CCTV cameras in this room and no suspects. The Diversity and Equity Office was notified.

Location: Frank C. Peters Building

Reported: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 @ 7:36 a.m.

SCS was notified of an odour of smoke in the vicinity of the multi faith prayer room. The attending officer located the actual source in a nearby server room. It was determined that two wires connected to a server were emitting the smoke. There was no fire. An ITS employee attended and rectified the situation.

Location: Mid Campus Drive

Reported: Wednesday, December 25, 2015 @ 9:00 p.m.

An SCS officer on foot patrol located some newly unreported graffiti on a cement pillar just outside the east side main entrance doors of the John Aird Centre. Person(s) unknown using a yellow marker had scribbled the tag,’ # its my party.’ The graffiti was removed by SCS. There are no suspects.

Location: Fred Nichols Campus Centre

Reported: Sunday, December 27, 2015 @ 2:04 a.m.

SCS located a male and female in the 24-hour Lounge with the female was performing oral sex on the male. They were identified as Laurier alumnus. The couple were cautioned for their conduct and issued Provincial Offence Notices for violating the Trespass to Property Act – engage in prohibited activity on premises. They were instructed to leave the property and complied.

Location: Frank C. Peters Building

Reported: Sunday, December 27, 2015 @ 7:00 p.m.

SCS assisted an employee of Laurier PRISM resources with an inventory concern. A recent check of the laptop rental inventory identified 48 missing units. It is unknown at this time whether the units are lost, stolen or whether the issue is a system error. Of the 48 units, 20 are equipped with Prey tracking software and three are presently showing in use. The students associated with the Prey reports have been contacted via email and a follow up will be completed upon their return to campus. SCS is assisting in determining the cause of the inventory variance and will investigate further if required.

Location: 232 King St N, Waterloo, Ontario

Reported: Monday, December 28, 2015 @ 11:58 p.m.

A S.C.S. officer encountered a 20-year old male urinating along the north exterior wall of a Laurier building located at 232 King St. N. Waterloo. The subject was issue a PON contrary to a City of Waterloo public nuisance bylaw.

Location: Fred Nichols Campus Centre

Reported: Friday, January 1, 2016 @ 5:20 a.m.

An SCS officer on foot patrol discovered some newly unreported graffiti in a study area in the 24-Hour Lounge. Person(s) unknown had drawn some graphic obscene pictures on a white board. Two responsible male suspects were captured on CCTV video. Their identities are unknown at this time.

Suspect Descriptors:

Male, late 20’s, middle eastern ethnicity, short black hair, goatee, 5’ 10”, 180 lbs. wearing a green/blue baseball cap worn backwards with an unknown logo, waist length black winter jacket, blue jeans and brown footwear.

Male, middle eastern ethnicity, late 20’s, 6’, 200 lbs. short black hair, full beard, wearing a white baseball cap with a black visor unknown logo on the front, white sweat shirt, black waist length winter jacket, grey sweat pants with black lettering ‘ADIDAS’ on left leg, black shoes.

Location: Library

Reported: Saturday, January 2, 2016 @ 12:24 a.m.

A SCS officer on Foot Patrol conducting an interior premise check at the Library discovered some newly unreported graffiti in a stall in a men’s washroom on the 5th floor. One ‘tag’ was undecipherable and the other was a crude obscene expression. A work order was sent to Physical Resources for removal.

Location: Bricker Academic

Reported: Saturday, January 2, 2016 @ 7:42 a.m.

An SCS officer took a report of two broken windows on the ground level of the Bricker Academic Building. The damage appeared to have been caused by two thrown ice boulders.  Video surveillance in the area will be reviewed to see if any suspects can be located.