A holiday movie bucket list

Photo of woman eating popcorn on her bed or couch

Are you a Hallmark lover or a sucker for Christmas classics? This holiday season, carefully craft your holiday movie bucket list to watch with your loved ones. Nothing says holiday spirit quite like a good film that decks the halls and jingles all the way. Make some hot chocolate and snuggle up for this movie marathon list! 

This year, Netflix brings a new Hallmark-style Christmas movie. You know the type; cheesy love stories with a predictable ending, but are lighthearted and warm your heart regardless.  

“Falling for Christmas” is a new holiday movie with Lindsay Lohan. Her character goes on a ski trip during Christmas, bumps her head on the ski hill and forgets everything about herself. Rather than finding her way back to her husband, she finds her way into a family ski lodge owned by a single father. If you can’t already tell where this is going, you’ll have to find out for yourself!  

Next on the list is a musical you can’t miss with some Hollywood favourites; Will Ferrell and Ryan Reynolds, called “Spirited”. This comical twist to Charles Dicken’s “A Christmas Carol” story might just be added to your Christmas Classic list. For now, you can stream “Spirited” on Apple TV+. 

If you love Will Ferrell’s sense of humour, you’ll love watching Elf even if it’s your 10th viewing! Nothing says Christmas like a big man in an Elf costume who thinks he’s an actual elf and nothing says Will Ferrell more than this movie. You can watch “Elf” on HBO or purchase it to watch on Amazon Prime.  

Don’t forget about the true Holiday classic films, the childhood favourites that even your family has grown to love. Our list includes the original Home Alone series with Macauley Culkin; “Home Alone” and “Home Alone 2: Lost in New York”.  

Of course, you could go on to watch the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th Home Alone movies, but they may not give you the same sentimental feeling  the originals do. All the Home Alone movies can be found on Disney Plus. 

“The Grinch” is another holiday must-watch. How many times do you think you’ve watched this movie in your life? You really can’t overdo it with this one! If you haven’t yet seen the 2018 iteration of “The Grinch”, the music and comedy make it worth a watch!  

If you haven’t seen “The Santa Clause” chronicles, do not walk, run to Disney Plus to watch them. This trilogy consists of the original “The Santa Clause”, “The Santa Clause 2”, and “Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause”. The best of Christmas magic is seen in this series. 

Some last, but not least films to add to your holiday movie bucket list, are “Christmas With The Kranks” on Netflix, “The Polar Bear Express” on Apple TV, “Miracle on 34th Street” on Disney+ and “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” on Netflix. Happy viewing!