Public Health announces first H1N1 vaccination dates

Waterloo Region — Region of Waterloo Public Health will hold five influenza immunization clinics for the general public the week of November 2nd — two for the seasonal flu vaccine and three for the H1N1 flu virus vaccine:

alt text

Individuals are kindly asked to bring their drivers license and health card to improve the efficiency of the registration process.

Individuals who wish to receive the seasonal vaccine before these dates can visit their primary care provider (doctor).

Individuals are reminded there are two flu vaccines this season — one for seasonal flu and one for the H1N1 flu virus. There will be different clinics for each vaccine. Details (dates, times, locations) of all future seasonal flu and H1N1 flu virus immunization clinics will be released each Thursday. For example, the immunization clinics to be held the week of November 9 will be released on November 5. This information will be posted to Waterloo Region’s pandemic website (www.waterlooregionpandemic.ca) and the Region of Waterloo website (www.region.waterloo.on.ca).

For further information on the rollout of the seasonal and H1N1 flu virus immunization campaigns, please review Public Health’s special information bulletin — http://www.waterlooregionpandemic.ca/en/newsarchives/resources/H1N1SpecialBulletin.pdf

Information and resource materials on the H1N1 flu virus are available at Waterloo Region’s website — www.waterlooregionpandemic.ca. Individuals without internet access are invited to phone 519-883-2289 for more information.