Pryce elected chair for 2012-13 board

This evening, the recently elected Wilfrid Laurier University Students’ Union board of directors voted as to who would serve as chair and vice chair for the coming year.

Jon Pryce was acclaimed to his role as chair of the board of directors, after placing first in his re-election as director.

“[The feeling is] incredible, we’re going to do a fantastic job this year and I’m looking forward to hearing any new ideas that the director-elects have, and working with them on that. [We will] really develop a team,” he said.

When asked about the inexperience of some of the incoming directors, Pryce was optimistic.

“We really want to make sure everybody is properly oriented. For example, our first training session is Saturday. We don’t waste any time, so that’s the thing. We’re making sure everything is done so that people have the proper time to get everyone trained and make the best possible decisions this year.”

Jordan Epstein was voted vice chair, after an entertaining question period. Directors-elect Seth Warren, Caleb Okwubido-Williams and Matt Casselman were all nominated.

“It’s a great honour, I’m really excited. My goal is to by the end of the summer to be fully transitioned, and know how to run meetings and act as vice chair,” said Epstein.

As for working with current chair Chris Walker?

“I wear the pants in the house now, that’s all I am going to say,” Pryce joked.