Nov. 24, 2010

Dear Life,

I want to scream a big and fat “F. YOU!” to the Faculty of Music for messing up my life royally in the last 3 years and 2 months- and 5 more months of it is on the way.

Sincerely,

I am getting the fuck out here in April with my 10.1 GPA.

Dear Life,

Every day I fall in love a little more with something new at Laurier, but everything I’ve ever loved at WLU was BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER by the rainbow centers drag show. What a night of entertainment, love and acceptance. Please, please, please, bring that show back, I promise I will be in the front row each and every time.

Sincerely,

Straight but DEFINITELY not narrow!

Dear Life,

I have a group of 13 friends. We’ve known each other for 6-8 years, and people it’s amazing that we’re so close despite being such a huge crowd. But nothing lasts forever. My BFF announced one day that we don’t treat him fairly, and because he’s the only foreign one (he came here 6 years ago, so he‘s not exactly fluent) we ignore him. That’s not true at all. No matter what we did he wouldn’t listen and he cut off contact. Now he hangs out with other people. I’ve been depressed for three months. I miss you.

Sincerely,

“Chul”

Dear Life,

I can’t believe this guy, let’s call him NK, has been drifting so far away from his best friend–let’s call him WY–lately. He used to care about WY so much, but suddenly he’s all over TY and JH. WY misses him but NK is just shoving pictures and videos of him with other guys in his face. It’s like WY doesn’t even exist. Why!? Please don’t forget about WY!

Sincerely,

NK Stop Being Such a Damn Attention Whore!

Dear Life,

Found a ring under my bed the other day. It was a girls ring! So being a nice guy I wanted to find out who it belonged to. Naturally, I called up my ex-girlfriend and told her that I had found the ring that she had lost several months ago. After describing the ring to her there was a short pause followed by, “It’s not mine! Go fuck yourself!”

Sincerely,

SHIT SON… Ma bad

Dear Life,

Canada does not recognize Palestine as a sovereign nation. Why does our university choose to make political statements about foreign relations by placing a Palestinian flag in the Hall of Nations?
If a Kurdish student studies at Laurier, will the flag of Kurdistan go up? What about Northern Cyprus? South Ossetia? Somaliland?

Sincerely,

Free Tibet

Dear Life,

I just heard some random girl walking on campus complaining to her friends, saying “Ugh why does it have to be so cold?!” I have the answer for you!
Newsflash: WE LIVE IN CANADA! So put on some clothes! It’s not like you were born yesterday, you’re a university student. Surely you’re smarter than that.

Sincerely,

The IQ of younger generations has become positively unbelievable

Dear life,

I wish people in the computer labs around the school could be quieter. I know they’re not official absolute silence zones, or something, but a lot of the people there are trying to do work and I’m sure most of us wouldn’t be there if there were some other place we could go. It’s frustrating that some people treat the labs as if they were their personal socialization rooms.

Sincerely,

Please be Considerate

Dear Life,

I don’t care if you’re waiting for an elevator, looking for a book, or keeping your group study room door open because you’re waiting for someone. SHUT THE FUCK UP IN THE FUCKING LIBRARY AND HAVE SOME RESPECT. If you want to be social go to the 24 Lounge! You don’t need to yell in the library!

Sincerely,

Trying to work on research papers
P.S. And to the guy who was singing very loudly on the seventh floor last Wednesday evening: FUCK YOU

Dear Life,

Thank you to the kind strangers who walk me home in the fog at night.

Sincerely,

Maybe I shouldn’t drink so much…
P.S. I LOVE the flags in the dining hall!

Dear Life,

When I got my campus tour 4 years ago my tour guide made it very clear the 7th floor of the library is supposed to be silent! The higher you go the quieter!! Its a place to study, not watch grey’s anatomy re-runs or to be obnoxious with your friends! If you need to talk about your work, go to the 4th floor tables or get a study room! You also should definitely not be climbing all over your desk! You look like an idiot!

Sincerely

7th floor=really quiet, you should be in the concourse!

Dear Life,

I hate when Western and Queens wannabes complain about school spirit, student volunteers, and the activities and events on campus. Take your douche bag ass somewhere else because nobody really wants you around

Sincerely,
Go fuck a horse and be gone with the wind!

Dear Life

Next time you want to make a spelling mistake, please put it in an essay, rather than on a sign advertising our ever popular business faculty. Entrepreneurship? Really?

Sincerely,
Spelling is a transferable skill

Dear Life,

I love people who recognize somebody is behind them and they hold the door open for you.

Sincerely,
It’s nice how such a small effort can make your day

Dear Life,

Look, I understand that you need to practice your dance moves somewhere, but how dare you insult mine and others’ dance moves just because we do not take part in Fashion n’ Motion. I’ll have you know that I tear up the dance floor at Phil’s on Saturdays and am probably a better dancer than you folk who choose to flaunt your dance moves in the Concourse. Also, you may want to spend more time studying than dancing there since you embarrassed your fellow dancers by saying ‘your’ and not ‘YOU’RE’.

Sincerely,

People at Phil’s appreciate my dance moves more than yours

Dear Life,

Why is campus suddenly filling up with random doors that serve no further purpose than to be an unnecessary roadblock? Example…the new doors the 24 Lounge. Or the ones by the Dining Hall. When one door opens…apparently another one gets built. Please use my ever-spiking tuition towards something that might further my education rather than something just makes it less convenient for students to get places.

Sincerely,

Open spaces

Dear Life,

I would like to know who gave professors permission to skip the 2 minutes of silence at 11am that is supposed to be taken to remember those who have and are fighting for our country. This year my professor did not even acknowledge that it was Remember Day. I’m sorry your research may be important, but these people are more important than you!

Sincerely,

Kin Kids still want their 2 minutes of silence!

Dear Life,

Words cannot express how much I hate the Terrace. I hate the Terrace and I hate the people working at the Terrace. I was half way done my pita when I realized that the Pita Pit people forgot to add my chicken! Why is it that when I buy a slice of pizza from the Terrace I find myself consuming mostly air pocket? Where in the world does it make sense that I pay a premium for inferior food?! Oh that’s right, the Terrace. Instead of wasting our money on more sitting space, why not invest in full-time supervisors so that the Terrace workers actually get proper training?

Sincerely,

This School has Serious Accountability Problems