March 24, 2010

Property Damage/Theft;
Location: Parking Lot #14;
Reported: March 21 @ 2:41 a.m.
SCS and WRPS are investigating the theft of a licence plate from a parked WRPS cruiser. The vehicle had also been covered in hay taken from some nearby bales of hay. One of the front headlight assemblies had also been damaged. Regional detectives are investigating the incident and will lay criminal charges of mischief and possession of stolen property once the culprit(s) have been identified. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Waterloo Regional Police, Crimestoppers or Special Constable Services.

Assistance Call from Public;
Location: Multi-Faith Room;
Reported: March 16 @ 1:30 p.m.
A complaint was received about an unresponsive male laying on the floor. The student had become tired, found the door unlocked, entered the room and fell asleep.

Intoxicated Person;
Date: March 17 @ 6:02 p.m.;
Location: Dining Hall
An extremely intoxicated male was seen entering the dining hall.

MVC – PD;
Date: March 18 @ 8:13 a.m.;
Location: Mid Campus Drive
A minor collision occurred between a physical resources grounds member driving a portable vacuum sweeper and a 2009 Toyota Rav 4.

Offensive Weapons;
Date: March 18 @ 9:00 p.m.;
Location: Residence
The drivers of two vehicles had a heated verbal exchange regarding a driving incident on County Road #86. A black handgun was produced and pointed at one of the drivers. No shots were fired.

Call Requiring Police;
Date: March 19 @ 11:03 p.m.;
Location: Mid Campus Drive
SCS officers assisted by WRPS dealt with an unruly crowd of several hundred people milling around on Mid Campus Drive. They were eventually transported off-campus in buses to a downtown bar celebrating a social event hosted by a local fraternity.

Call Requiring Police;
Date: March 20 @ 10:10 a.m.;
Location: Residence
SCS assistance was requested to determine whether a rather large bone that had been found was human or animal. The bone was taken to WRPS and with the assistance of the Forensic Identification Branch and the local coroner it was determined that the bone was not human.

Property Damage/Theft;
Date: March 21 @ 2:41 a.m.;
Location: Parking Lot #14
SCS and WRPS are investigating the theft of a licence plate from a parked WRPS cruiser. The vehicle had also been covered in hay taken from some nearby bales of hay. One of the front head light assemblies had also been damaged. Regional detectives are investigating the incident and will lay criminal charges of Mischief and Possession of Stolen Property once the culprit(s) have been identified. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Waterloo Regional Police, Crimestoppers or Special Constable Service.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: March 15 @ 9:40 a.m.;
Location: Residence
An 18-year-old male was taken to Grand River Hospital for observation and treatment by a SCS officer after complaining about dizziness and breathing problems.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: March 15 @ 9:50 p.m.;
Location: Residence
An 18-year-old female was assessed by ERT after complaining about stomach pains and then taken to Grand River by a SCS officer for treatment and observation.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: March 15 @ 10:05 p.m.;
Location: Residence
A 19 year old female complaining about feeling dizzy and nausea was treated by ERT. She had suffered a concussion two days earlier. She refused further medical assistance and was left in the care of her roommates.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: March 16 @ 12:04 p.m.;
Location: Science Building
A 23-year-old female student was treated by EMS after becoming unconscious and falling to the floor. She did not sustain any serious injury. No further medical assistance was required and she was sent home.

Assistance Call from Public;
Date: March 16 @ 1:30 p.m.;
Location: Arts Building A-Wing (Multi Faith Room)
A complaint was received about an unresponsive male laying on the floor. A SCS officer responded and he was identified as a 21-year-old student. He had become tired, found the door unlocked, entered the room and fell asleep.

Unwanted Person;
Date: March 16 @ 8:10 p.m.;
Location: Fred Nichols Campus Centre, Quad area
SCS officers dealt with four males that had been observed doing stunts on their trick bikes in the quad. They were found to be non-students and were warned that their activities were prohibited on campus property.

Property Damage;
Date: March 17 @ 10:23 a.m.;
Location: Dr. Alvin Woods Building
SCS is investigating an act of vandalism whereby Person(s) unknown had pulled out a recessed light fixture from the ceiling in one of the elevators.

Property Damage;
Date: March 17 @ 9:51 a.m.
Location: Dr. Alvin Woods Building, fifth floor
Person(s) unknown ripped the flyers and posters from their bulletin boards, had strewn them on the floor and jammed them under an office door.

Property Damage;
Date: March 17 @ 2:58 p.m.
Location: Parking Lot #1
Two males standing near a parked vehicle smashed a beer bottle against the rear of the car. Minor damage was inflicted. They were gone upon the arrival of SCS.

Assist Other Service;
Date: March 17 @ 2:13 p.m.;
Location: 80 Seagram Drive
Tenants from a neighbouring building were found to be responsible for throwing beer and liquor bottles from a third floor window onto the driveway and smashing them. SCS and W.R.P.S. attended and dealt with the matter.

Intoxicated Person;
Date: March 17 @ 6:02 p.m.;
Location: Dining Hall
SCS dealt with an extremely intoxicated male that was seen entering the dining hall. He was in the company of two sober friends and taken home by them.

Liquor Offence;
Date: March 17 @ 8:11 p.m.;
Location: Residence
SCS investigated a complaint of a number of youths drinking alcohol in the parking lot. An 18-year-old WLU student will be appearing before the J.A.C. for an alcohol infraction.

Liquor Offence;
Date: March 17 @ 9:07 p.m.;
Location: Mid Campus Drive
A SCS officer issued a Provincial Offence Notice to a 20-year-old male (non-student) Toronto resident for an alcohol related infraction.

Unwanted Person;
Date: March 17 @ 11:28 p.m.;
Location: Fred Nichols Campus Centre, Wilf’s Pub
A 21-year-old male was charged by a SCS officer under The Trespass to Property Act for Enter Premises When Entry Prohibited. He had been previously banned from all licensed establishments on campus. He will appear before the J.A.C.

Drugs;
Date: March 17 @ 8:10 p.m.;
Location: Residence
Acting on a complaint of drug usage in one of the student’s rooms, a responding SCS officer confiscated some drug paraphernalia and a small quantity of marihuana. Two 18-year-old males are being dealt with by Residence Life for illegal substance violations.

Intoxicated Person;
Date: March 17 @ 11:34 p.m.;
Location: Residence
An 18-year-old male (non-student and guest on campus) was treated by ERT when he complained about not feeling well. He was feeling the after effects of excessive alcohol consumption drank in too short of a period of time. He was left in the care of a friend.

Disturbance;
Date: March 18, 2010 @ 12:28 a.m.;
Location: Residence
SCS officers responded to a complaint of a fight in the lower level garage parking area involving a number of males. Upon their arrival the group split up and dispersed. No complaints of injuries were received. It turned out to be just “horseplay” amongst friends.

Alarm;
Date: March 18 @ 12:08 a.m.;
Location: Terrace Food Court
A burglary alarm was activated at the location. SCS responded and found the premises to be all in order. Cause of the alarm is unknown.

Unwanted Person;
Date: March 18 @ 12:43 a.m.;
Acting on a complaint of a skate boarder in the Quad, SCS attended and located a 22-year-old male (non-student). He was warned that this type of activity is prohibited on campus and sent on his way.

MVC – PD;
Date: March 18 @ 8:13 a.m.;
Location: Mid Campus Drive
A minor collision occurred between the operator (Physical Resources Grounds member) of a Madvac machine (Portable vacuum sweeper) and a 2009 Toyota Rav 4 that was travelling southbound on Mid Campus Drive. SCS investigated and reported no injuries.
Very minimal damage was reported.

Property Damage;
Date: March 18 @ 9:13 a.m.;
Location: 80 Seagram Drive
A complaint was received about damage to the garage door at the a/m location. SCS attended and discovered the garage door frame had been bent. Cause of the damage is unknown.

Theft Under $5,000.00;
Date: March 18 @ 3:20 p.m.;
Location: Athletic Complex (Women’s change room)
SCS is investigating the theft of personal identification and a blackberry taken from a locker in the late afternoon. The thief had cut off the lock to gain access.

Drugs;
Date: March 19 @ 12:52 a.m.;
Location: Residence
SCS investigated a complaint of drug usage in one of the student’s rooms. Some drug paraphernalia and a small amount of marijuana was seized. Two students will be dealt with by Residence Life for illegal substance violations.

Unwanted Person;
Date: March 18 @ 7:48 p.m.;
A large number of males were observed on the CCTV cameras performing stunts on their trick bikes in the Quad. All males (non-students) were located, identified and warned that this type of activity is prohibited on campus. They were all sent on their way.

Offensive Weapons;
Date: March 18 @ 9:00 p.m.;
Location: Residence
The drivers of two vehicles had a heated verbal exchange regarding a driving incident on County Road #86. A black coloured handgun was produced and pointed at one of the drivers. No shots were fired. Suspect vehicle is described as: Late model, black, 4 door Honda Civic. Suspect: Male, East Indian, 30 years, 6’ slim build, shoulder length hair, wearing a black jacket and blue jeans. W.R.P.S. notified and are investigating.

Alarm;
Date: March 19 @ 4:59 p.m.;
Location: Bricker Academic Building
An alarm was activated in one of the classrooms. SCS attended and discovered the cause was a low battery in one of the fibre optic alarms. All in order

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: March 19 @ 7:02 p.m.;
Location: Bricker Academic Building – P7
A male student sustained a minor knee injury during a road hockey game. He was diagnosed and treated by members from ERT.

Unwanted Person;
Date: March 19 @ 9:31 p.m.;
Location: Residence
A 21 year old male (WLU student) was charged under The Trespass To Property Act for Enter Premises When Entry Prohibited. He had been previously barred from entering this location.

Unknown Call Requiring Police;
Date: March 19 @ 11:03 p.m.;
Location: Mid Campus Drive
SCS officers assisted by W.R.P.S. dealt with an unruly crowd of several hundred people milling around on Mid Campus Drive and University Avenue West. They were eventually all transported off campus in buses to a downtown bar celebrating a social event hosted by a local fraternity.

Drugs;
Date: March 20 @ 3:26 a.m.;
Location: Residence
SCS officers seized a small amount of marihuana and some drug paraphernalia after investigating a drug related complaint. One student will be dealt with by Residence Life for illegal substance violations. Two other non-students were issued trespass notices and were evicted.

Theft Under;
Date: March 20 @ 3:28 a.m.;
Location: Fred Nichols Campus Centre, 24 Hour Lounge
SCS and WRPS are investigating the theft of a laptop, MP3 and backpack stolen from a work area while the owner left her property unattended. She had gone elsewhere to find a printer and when she returned her property was gone. Two male suspects have been captured on CCTV cameras. The investigation is ongoing.

Unknown Call Requiring Police;
Date: March 20 @ 10:10 a.m.;
Location: Residence
SCS assistance was requested to determine whether a rather large bone that had been found at the a/m location was human or animal. The bone was taken to WRPS and with the assistance of the Forensic Identification Branch and the local coroner it was determined that the bone was not human.

Drugs;
Date: March 20 @ 3:00 p.m.;
Location: Residence
A don discovered some drug paraphernalia in a student’s room and contacted SCS. The items were seized for destruction. The involved student will be dealt with by Residence Life for the infraction.

Theft Under $5000;
March 20 @ 8:27 p.m.;
Location: Residence
SCS is investigating the theft of coins from a vending machine. It had been discovered that the machine had been forcibly entered and both coin boxes were stolen.

Noise Complaint;
Date: March 21 @ 3:01 a.m.;
Location: Chancellor Drive
SCS investigated a complaint of excessive noise coming from a number of rowdy students in the area. They were unable to locate the responsible parties.

Property Damage;
Date: March 21 @ 1:53 p.m.;
Location: Career Services, 192 King St. N.
A SCS officer on mobile patrol discovered a large broken window on the south side of the building. A rock had been thrown, shattering the outer pane of glass. Entry was not possible.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: March 21 @ 6:11 p.m.;
Location: Student Services Building, Paul Martin Centre
A 24-year-old male student was treated by ERT for a cut to his finger. No further medical assistance was required.

Theft Under $5000;
Date: March 21 @ 11:23 p.m.;
Location: Library, third floor
SCS is investigating the theft of a black leather coat. A female student had left her property unattended in a study area for approximately 10 minutes and upon her return the jacket had been stolen.