Mar 9, 2011

Alarm

Location: Residence
Reported: Feb. 28, 2011 @ 2:23 a.m.
Waterloo Fire Department and Special Constable Service responded to a Fire Alarm at a residence. It was discovered that people cooking in suite #404 had set off the smoke detector. Station was reset and the Fire Captain gave the okay for the students to re-enter the building.

By-Law Complaint

Location: 232 King St.
Reported: Feb. 28, 2011 @ 2:09 a.m.
SCS officers on mobile patrol observed a male urinating in the parking lot in front of 232 King St. N. (offices of SCS). A 24-year-old Waterloo resident (non-student) was issued a Provincial Offence Notice under the By-Law for Foul, permit to foul land owned privately.

Unknown Call Requiring Police

Location: Student Services Building
Reported: Feb. 28, 2011 @ 6:20 p.m.
SCS gave assistance to a member of the public regarding a restraining order dealing with an off-campus issue. The member was advised to contact W.R.P.S. to follow through with the proper steps and required documentation.

Injured Sick/Person

Location: Bricker Academic Building
Reported: Feb. 28, 2011 @ 6:35 p.m.
SCS and ERT members attended to one of the classrooms in response to a complaint of a male student not feeling well and experiencing breathing problems. He was assessed and treated by ERT. No further medical assistance was required.

Privately Towed Vehicle

Location: Parking Lot #32
Reported: Mar. 1, 2011 @ 11:24 a.m.
Vehicle was towed from campus.

Privately Towed Vehicle

Location: Parking Lot #32
Reported: Mar. 1, 2011 @ 11:35 a.m.
Vehicle towed from campus.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Student Services Building
Reported: Mar. 1, 2011 @ 6:36 p.m.
A Special Constable and ERT attended at the Dining Hall in response to a report of a female fainting. The student advised that she had not eaten much during the day. She declined any further medical attention.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 1, 2011 @ 7:25 p.m.
A Special Constable and ERT attended to a residence after receiving a report of a female resident who was not feeling well. It was learned that the problem may have been appendix related and she was transported to Grand River Hospital by EMS.

Assistance Call from Public

Location: Dispatch Centre
Reported: Mar. 2, 2011 @ 12:13 a.m.
A male student attended to the SCS Dispatch Centre to report an automated phone message he received indicating that he was to have a meeting with Special Constable Service regarding internet abuse. Indications are that this was a prank and no further action is required.

Disturbance

Location: F.N.C.C.
Reported: Mar. 2, 2011 @ 12:52 a.m.
Special Constables responded to a physical altercation to Wilf’s Pub. Investigation revealed that the altercation was consensual and one of the parties had left the premises. No further action required.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: FNCC
Reported: Mar. 2, 2011 @ 12:35 a.m.
A Special Constable and ERT responded to the 24 Hour Lounge in the Fred Nichols Campus Centre after receiving a report of a female student with an injured ankle. An ice pack was provided to her and she was able to leave on her own. A short time later the same student called requesting another ice pack.

Privately Towed Vehicle

Location: Parking Lot #30
Reported: Mar. 2, 2011 @ 11:00 a.m.
Vehicle towed from campus.

Privately Towed Vehicle

Location: 232 King
Reported: Mar. 3, 2011 @ 1:07 a.m.
Vehicle towed from W.L.U. property.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 3, 2011 @ 1:12 a.m.
Special constable and EMS responded to Waterloo College Hall regarding a student who was shaking uncontrollably and feeling disoriented. He also had not slept in approximately 48 hours. He was taken to Grand River Hospital by EMS for treatment and observation.

Privately Towed Vehicle

Location: Parking Lot #3A
Reported: Mar. 3, 2011 @ 1:48 a.m.
Vehicle towed from campus.

Property Damage

Location: Arts E Wing
Reported: Mar. 3, 2011 @ 1:54 a.m.
Person(s) unknown removed photographs from a bulletin board in the Arts E Wing. Video footage is being reviewed.

Property Damage

Location: Arts C Wing
Reported: Mar. 3, 2011 @ 9:29 a.m.
Person(s) unknown ripped some posters from the wall in the Arts C Wing.
Video footage is being reviewed.

Theft Under $5,000

Location: Student Services Building
Reported: Mar. 3, 2011 @ 12:45 p.m.
A Special Constable observed a student steal food from the Dining Hall. The matter will be sent before the Judicial Affairs Council.

Privately Towed Vehicle

Location: Parking Lot #12
Reported: Thursday, March 3, 2011 @ 2:50 pm
Vehicle towed from campus.

Assistance Call from Public

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 3, 2011 @ 7:27 p.m.
Special Constables responded to a Residence after receiving a complaint that a local delivery service may be delivering alcohol to minors. Residence staff did not know the names of the students receiving the delivery or which apartment they lived in or their ages as they were no longer at the location. The delivery person was spoken to and cautioned regarding delivering alcohol to minors although he denied doing so and stated that he “always checked ID.” There was no concrete evidence that an offence had been committed and the delivery person left.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Bricker Academic Building
Reported: Mar. 3, 2011 @ 7:48 p.m.
A Special Constable and ERT responded to the Bricker Academic Building regarding a female with an injured ankle. She had injured her ankle earlier in the day and was advised to seek further medical attention in the morning. She was driven home.

Drugs

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 3, 2011 @ 9:30 p.m.
A Special Constable attended at a residence in response to a report of suspected marijuana use. Some drug paraphernalia was seized for destruction. The student is being dealt with by residence staff.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 3, 2011 @ 9:51 a.m.
Special Constables and ERT attended at a residence after receiving a report of a male resident who had fallen and struck his head. The student lost consciousness for a moment while being treated by ERT. He was subsequently taken to Grand River Hospital by EMS for treatment and observation. It is not believed that alcohol or drugs were involved.

Intoxicated Person

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 4, 2011 @ 12:08 a.m.
Special Constables, ERT and EMS attended at a Residence regarding a very intoxicated female resident. On arrival the student was semi conscious and vomiting. EMS subsequently transported her to Grand River Hospital for treatment and observation.

Injured/ Sick Person

Location: University Stadium
Reported: Mar. 4, 2011 @ 5:00 p.m.
Special Constables responded to the University Stadium for an injured male, who had rolled his ankle during a sporting event yesterday. Injury was aggravated today, but no further medical treatment needed at this time.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: University Stadium
Reported: Mar. 4, 2011 @ 4:55 a.m.
SCS and ERT members attended to the Stadium in response to a complaint of a student having injured himself. The male student was assessed and treated by ERT. He was suffering from a previous ankle injury and re-aggravated it again. He was transported home by SCS.

Drugs

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 4, 2011 @ 11:05 p.m.
A Residence Life staff member called SCS to report finding a plastic bag of marihuana on the floor inside the elevator at the student residence. The marihuana was turned over to SCS and seized for destruction.

Property Damage

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 12:20 a.m.
Persons unknown had ripped a number of posters and photos from a bulletin board and strewn them about. Identity of the person(s) responsible is unknown.

By-Law Complaint

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 12:04 a.m.
A complaint was received about loud music coming from a residence. SCS responded and upon their request the music was turned down.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 12:07 a.m.
SCS officers and ERT attended to the student residence in response to a report of a male student requesting medical assistance. The 19-year-old male was involved in a physical altercation and as a result of being pushed into a wall he sustained a laceration on his head. He was assessed and treated by ERT and did not require any further medical attention. The person responsible as being the aggressor in this matter was identified as a male guest. He was verbally trespassed from WLU. property and escorted off the property.

Liquor Offence

Location: Mid Campus Drive
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 1:22 a.m.
A SCS officer dealt with an intoxicated 18-year-old male student staggering on Mid Campus Drive. He was taken home to his student residence and left in the care of his Don. He will be dealt with by Residence Life staff for the alcohol infraction of under age drinking and public intoxication.

Alarm

Location: Dr. Alvin Woods Building
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 3:15 a.m.
SCS officers and members from the Waterloo Fire Dept. attended to the a/m location in response to an activated fire alarm. It was determined that a fire alarm pull station had been falsely activated on the 1st floor from the Concourse to the DAWB. There was no fire. A number of suspects were seen in the area but CCTV cameras did not actually record the offence.

Assist Other Service

Location: Mid Campus Drive
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 3:30 a.m.
A SCS officer was approached by a 20-year-old male (non-student) who complained about having been assaulted at an off campus location and that his jacket and cell phone had been stolen as well. WRPS was contacted and the investigation turned over to them as the incident reportedly took place off campus.

Disturbance

Location: Parking Lot #6
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 2:54 a.m.
SCS attended to the parking lot in response to a complaint of a disturbance taking place. It was determined that a 19-year-old male, Waterloo resident, who had been visiting a friend in one of the student residences had gotten into a verbal argument with another male party in the parking lot. This male party had entered a vehicle and left the scene upon SCS arrival. The complainant was verbally trespassed from WLU property.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Alumni field
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 1:43 p.m.
SCS and ERT members attended to the sports field in response to a call for medical assistance. A 19-year-old male student was suffering from a dislocated shoulder which was sustained during the play of a flag football tournament hosted by Residence Life ‘Hawk Day’ event. He was assessed and treated by ERT and was taken to Grand River Hospital by taxi for further treatment and observation.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Alumni Field
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 3:17 p.m.
SCS and ERT members attended to the sports field in response to a call for medical assistance. A 19-year-old male student had sustained a sprained ankle during a flag football tournament for the Residence Life ‘Hawk Day’ event. He was assessed and treated by ERT and driven home by SCS. No further medical assistance was required.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Athletic Complex
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 4:49 p.m.
SCS, ERT and EMS attended to the A.C. in response to a call for medical assistance. A 19-year-old male student had dislocated his shoulder while playing flag football on Alumni Field all day for the Residence Life ‘Hawk Day’ tournament. He was assessed by EMS and transported to Grand River Hospital for further treatment.

Alarm

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 5:43 p.m.
SCS officers and members from the Waterloo Fire Dept. attended to the student residence in response to a fire alarm. It was determined that a heat sensor had been activated above a stove on the 2nd floor as a result of an oven being preheated. There was no fire or damage.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 6:22 p.m.
SCS officers and ERT members attended to the student residence in response to a call for medical assistance. A 19-year-old female student was complaining of numbness in her feet. She had been playing flag football on Alumni Field all day for the Residence Life ‘Hawk Day’ tournament. It had been raining all day and the field was saturated with water. She was treated for hypothermia by ERT.

Alarm

Location: Student Services Building
Reported: Mar. 6, 2011 @ 2:14 a.m.
SCS officers responded to a Fire Alarm in the Student Services Building. Waterloo Fire Department attended. Cause of the alarm was a pulled Pull Station at the North Entrance Doors by Lot#11. Pull station and Fire panel were reset without incident.

Property Damage

Location: FNCC
Reported: Mar. 6, 2011 @ 3:01 a.m.
Disturbance
Location: FNCC
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 11:45 p.m.
SCS responded to a Disturbance in the stairwell of the Turret Night club. The stairwell was packed with students attempting to get in to the club. Apparently many people were shoving their way to try to get up the steps, which resulted in a two parties (non students) becoming agitated and throwing a couple of punches. Neither party wished to press charges in the matter. Individuals involved left without incident.

Disturbance

Location: FNCC
Reported: Mar. 6, 2011 @ 2:28 a.m.
SCS officers responded to a disturbance in the Hall of Fame. Turret staff attempted to prevent an escalation in a disturbance between two parties, and while doing so pushed a male into a glass door. This resulted in a broken window, and minor injuries were sustained to the male. The male was transported to GRH for treatment via ambulance. WRPS assisted in the investigation.

Property Damage

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 10:57 p.m.
Physical Plant and Planning called to repair the window. Unknown suspects threw a beer bottle through a window. No injuries sustained.

Property Damage

Location: Arts C Wing
Reported: Mar. 6, 2011 @ 3:05 a.m.
SCS responded to a call of a broken window at the end of the Arts Wing entering into the Peter’s Building. No suspects at this time. PP&P were notified, and the window was repaired.

Disturbance

Location: FNCC
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 11:45 p.m.

Disturbance

Location: FNCC
Reported: Mar. 6, 2011 @ 2:28 a.m.

Property Damage

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 5, 2011 @ 10:57 p.m.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Residence
Reported: Sunday, March 6, 2011 @ 10:14 am
A 20-year-old male student complaining of continuous chest pains called 911. SCS and EMS attended and after being assessed he was taken to Grand River Hospital for observation.

Alarm

Location: Bricker Academic Building
Reported: Mar. 6, 2011 @ 1:11 p.m.
SCS responded to a security alarm that had been activated in one of the classrooms. It was determined that a projector alarm had been accidentally set off by a faculty member. All in order.

Drugs

Location: Residence
Reported: Mar. 6, 2011 @ 8:41 p.m.
SCS attended to a residence for a complaint of drug use in room 223. Three males admitted to smoking marijuana in the room. A small amount of drugs and paraphernalia were seized for destruction.

Alarm

Location: Bookstore
Reported: Mar. 6, 2011 @ 10:43 p.m.
SCS officers responded to a burglary alarm at the front entrance to the Bookstore. A group of people were practicing dancing in the Concourse area, and a few members were leaning on the gate which caused the alarm to activate. Alarm was reset without incident.