Laurier Waterloo campus appoints new dean of students

Wilfrid Laurier University announced today that Kate McCrae Bristol has been appointed as the new dean of students for the Waterloo campus, effective Sept. 16, 2019.

The statement that was released detailed McCrae Bristol’s experience working in student services and with academic faculty.

McCrae Bristol is the current manager of student experience at the University of Waterloo, where she oversees all incoming student transition programming and is responsible for student development programming and strategy.

Prior to her work at the University of Waterloo, McCrae Bristol was the director of community engagement at St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation and was a full-time assistant coach for women’s basketball at Yale University, as well as the national sports program manager for Special Olympics Canada.

McCrae Bristol has a BA in Honours, Recreation and Business at the University of Waterloo and she received her National Coaching Association of Canada Level 3, as well as the 2009 Distinguished Alumni Award – Applied Health Sciences 40th Anniversary at the University of Waterloo.

McCrae Bristol will be entering her role at Laurier in September with a background in student wellbeing and success having served as a member of the student experience supporting panel of the president’s advisory committee on student mental health.

“We are delighted that Kate will be joining with us to carry on that tradition of a university that cares deeply for its students and their success. Kate begins a new era in that regard by welcoming our newest first year students at our Orientation Week opening ceremonies,” said David McMurray, vice president of student affairs in the press release.