Jan. 26, 2011

Assist Other Service
Location: Off Campus
Date: Jan. 17, 2011 @ 2:15 a.m.
A 20 year old male WLU student complained to SCS about being threatened by another male party at Phil’s Bar located next to the offices of SCS. WRPS was notified, attended and took over the investigation.

Property Damage
Location: Parking Lot #7
Date: Jan. 17, 2011 @ 3:44 a.m.
One of the residence Life Staff members contacted SCS to report her vehicle having been damaged. Person(s) unknown had damaged the passenger side exterior mirror. No suspects at this time.

Alarm
Location: Arts E-Wing
Date: Jan. 17, 2011 @ 11:46 a.m.
A burglary alarm was activated as coming from classroom #1E1 in the form of a console alarm. SCS attended and discovered a class in session. Cause of the alarm is unknown.

Drugs
Location: Residence
Date: Jan. 18, 2011 @ 12:29 a.m.
SCS officers attended to the student residence in response to a complaint of suspected drug usage. A small quantity of marihuana and some drug paraphernalia was seized for destruction. A case of beer was also seized. One male was issued a Provincial Offence Notice under The Liquor Licence Act for being under 19 years of age having liquor. All three 18 year old male students will be dealt with by Residence Life for the narcotics violation.

Theft Under $5,000
Location: Student Services Building
Date: Jan. 18, 2011 @ 10:33 a.m.
A female student called SCS to report the theft of her purse. She has inadvertently left her purse unattended in the Dining Hall for a period of time and upon her return persons(s) unknown had stolen her purse. The purse contained her personal identification and an undisclosed amount of cash. CCTV camera footage was reviewed with negative results.

Offensive Weapons
Location: Residence
Date: Jan. 18, 2011 @ 1:07 p.m.
SCS officers and Residence Life Staff dealt with an 18 year old male student that had been involved in several verbal disputes with other students in the residence during the past few months. On one occasion a knife had been produced. Residence Life Staff will be assisting the student with Anger Management counseling.

Assistance Call from Public
Location: Residence
Date: Jan. 19, 2011 @ 9:55 p.m.
A concerned parent called the SCS Dispatch Centre requesting assistance in locating her son that she was unable to reach. The family member was located and advised to contact his parent. All was in order.

Unknown Call Requiring Police
Location: Emergency Poles
Date: Jan. 18, 2011 @ 7:20 p.m.
The SCS Dispatch Centre received a number of calls from two different emergency poles across campus with no one answering them on the other end. SCS officers were unable to locate anyone in distress in the immediate vicinity. Believed to be prank calls.

By-Law Complaint
Location: 232 King St. N.
Date: Jan. 19, 2011 @ 2:21 a.m.
A SCS dispatcher monitoring the CCTV cameras observed a male standing in front of one of the marked SCS parked cruisers in front of 232 King St. and appeared to be urinating on the vehicle. SCS officers located the responsible party a short distance away and a 19 year old male student will be sent to the J.A.C. for his actions.

Drugs
Location: Residence
Date: Jan. 20, 2011 @ 1:27 a.m.
SCS officers attended to the student residence in response to a complaint by two Dons of suspected drug usage. A quantity of drug paraphernalia was seized for destruction. An 18 year old male student will be dealt with by Residence Life Staff for the violation.

Drugs
Location: Residence
Date: Jan. 20, 2011 @ 1:27 a.m.
SCS officers attended to the student residence in response to a complaint of suspected drug usage. A quantity of marihuana and drug paraphernalia was seized for destruction. An 18 year old male student will be dealt with by Residence Life Staff for the narcotics violation.

Disturbance
Location: Residence
Date: Jan. 20, 2011 @ 3:03 a.m.
A report was received of a disturbance in the front lobby at the student residence. SCS officers responded and the responsible parties were all gone on arrival. One male student and his guest had been followed into the building by seven other males and a verbal argument ensued which soon escalated to a physical confrontation. No injuries were sustained in this encounter. The suspects were believed to have been drinking at Phil’s Bar and their identities are unknown. They were described as all non-white, spiked hair and of East Indian descent.

Suspicious Vehicle
Location: Faculty of Social Work
Date: Jan. 20, 2011 @ 5:36 a.m.
One of the janitorial staff members called SCS Dispatch to report a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot. He described the lone occupant as an older male with dark hair. The vehicle was described as a dark coloured 2 dr. compact. The vehicle was gone upon SCS arrival.

Injured/Sick Person
Location: John Aird Centre
Date: Jan. 21, 2011 @ 1:38 p.m.
SCS officers, ERT members and EMS attended to the 4th floor in response to a female lying on the floor. She was conscious, feeling exhausted, nauseous and shaking. The 22 year old female student was assessed by the emergency personnel and then transported to G.R.H. by EMS for further observation and treatment.

Injured/Sick Person
Location: Frank C Peters Building
Date: Jan. 21, 2011 @ 12:00 a.m.
SCS officers dealt with a 19 year old male student that was suffering from a mild sprain to his right ankle (injury sustained earlier during a basketball game). No medical services were requested and the male was taken home to his residence by SCS officers.

Assist Other Service
Location: Off Campus
Date: Jan. 21, 2011 @ 1:13 a.m.
WRPS officers requested SCS assistance to properly identify a male person that had been arrested for public intoxication. He was identified as a 19 year old male WLU student. Information passed on to WRPS.

Drugs
Location: Residence
Date: Jan. 21, 2011 @ 1:59 a.m.
SCS officers attended to the student residence in response to suspected drug usage. A small quantity of marihuana and drug paraphernalia was seized. An 18 year old female student will be dealt with by Residence Life Staff for the narcotic infraction. Also present was a 19-year female (guest) who was also involved in the narcotics violation.

Unwanted Person
Location: Science Building
Date: Jan. 21, 2011 @ 4:13 p.m.
SCS was contacted by a faculty member that a 39-year-old female had been attending classes for the entire winter term without being registered. Once located the student will be trespassed and barred from campus.

Property Damage
Location: F.N.C.C.
Date: Jan. 22, 2011 @ 12:21 a.m.
SCS is investigating a report of a broken window in one of the doors leading into the Food Court. There is no direct CCTV camera coverage in this particular area. There are no suspects at this time.

Property Damage
Location: St. Michael Campus
Date: Jan. 22, 2011 @ 4:56 a.m.
A SCS officer on mobile patrol discovered a broken window on the west side of the campus. The window is an outer pane of glass. The inner pane of glass was still intact. There was no sign of an attempt entry to the building. There are no suspects and no CCTV cameras that would have captured this act of vandalism.

Unwanted Person
Location: Turret
Reported: Jan. 23, 2011 @ 12:32 a.m.
Special constables escorted a Turret patron from the building after he refused to leave when directed to do so. The matter is being forwarded to the judicial Affairs Council.

Alarm
Location: Nichols Campus center
Reported: Jan. 23, 2011 @ 1:57 a.m.
Special constables and Waterloo Fire department responded to a fire alarm at the Nichols Centre. The cause of the alarm was determined to be a maliciously activated pull station. Occupants of the building were evacuated until given the all clear by the fire department. There was no sign of smoke or fire. There are no suspects.

By-law Complaint
Location: 232 King
Reported: Jan. 23, 2011 @ 2:50 a.m.
Special constables observed a male urinating against the wall at 232 King. The individual was issued with a provincial offence notice and sent on his way.

Assistance Call from Public
Location: Turret
Reported: Jan. 23, 2011 @ 12:46 p.m.
Two females were observed by Wilf’s staff removing coats from the coat check room at the Turret without having coat check tags. At this point it is unsure if they are the legitimate owners of the coats. The females are known and a special constable is investigating.

Alarm
Location: Nichols Centre
Reported: Jan. 23. 2011 @ 9:24 a.m.
A special constable responded to a report of an alarm going off at the Nichols Center loading dock. On arrival no alarm was sounding and the alarm had been acknowledged at the panel by the on call trades person. The cause of the alarm is unknown but it could not be reset. PP&P were called to check the system.

Alarm
Location: Residence
Reported: Jan. 23, 2011 @ 12:01 p.m.
A special constable responded to a “duct detector” alarm at King St residence. On arrival nothing abnormal could be found on the panel and the alarm seems to have cleared itself.

Injured/Sick Person
Location: Wilf’s Pub
Reported: Jan. 23, 2011 @ 2:33 p.m.
A special constable attended at Wilf’s in response to a call for assistance regarding a staff member who received a small cut to his finger while preparing food. He did not want medical attention and was advised to place some gauze and pressure on the cut. No further action was required.

Alarm
Location: Residence
Reported: Jan. 23, 2011 @ 5:04 p.m.
A special constable and Waterloo Fire Dept responded to a fire alarm at a Residence. The cause of the alarm was determined to be a damaged heat detector head. PP&P were called and residents were allowed to return to the building.

Assistance Call from Public
Location: Turret
Reported: Jan. 23, 2011 @ 4:29 p.m.
A special constable responded to a call at the Turret regarding another missing coat from the Turret coat check room. It appears that there is some confusion with respect to volunteers for an event handing out the wrong coats. The matter is being looked into.