Jan. 13, 2010

Injured Sick Person; Reported: Dec. 7, 2009 @ 12:15 p.m.; Location: Athletic Complex
A female staff member injured her right foot by landing awkwardly going down a flight of stairs. She was examined by a physiotherapist on scene and was then taken to Waterloo Sports Medicine, 65 University Ave. E. by S.C.S. for x-rays and further treatment.

Drugs; Reported: Dec. 8, 2009 @ 9:20 p.m.; Location: Residence
SCS officers investigated the usage of marihuana and discovered a substantial quantity of marihuana in one of the residences along with drug paraphernalia. Also located was a silver coloured cap gun. Residence Life will be dealing with two 18 year old male suspects in this matter.

Suspicious Person; Reported: Dec. 8, 2009 @ 10:55 a.m.; Location: 232 King St. (Viessmann European Research Centre)
A staff member from the Viessmann European Research Centre complained to SCS about the suspicious behavior and actions of a former acquaintance. The matter is under investigation by SCS.

Property Damage; Reported: Dec. 8, 2009 @ 9:30 p.m.; Location: WLU Library
SCS investigated a report of a broken window in one of the main entrance doors leading into the library. The responsible party was located and it was determined that the damage had been inflicted by accident. Repairs made by Physical Resources.

Alarm; Reported: Dec. 9, 2009 @ 8:29 a.m.; Location: Residence
SCS officers and Waterloo Fire Dept. responded to a fire alarm that had been activated. It was discovered that smoke was coming from a cardboard box that had been inadvertently placed too close to an exposed light bulb. The area was ventilated and the alarm re-set. No damage was reported.

Alarm; Reported: Dec. 9, 2009 @ 10:07 a.m.; Location: Fred Nichols Campus Centre
An SCS officer responded to a fire alarm on the 2nd floor near Wilf’s Pub. There was no sign of fire or smoke and the alarm was re-set. Cause of the alarm is unknown.

Alarm; Reported: Dec. 9, 2009 @ 1:01 p.m.; Location: 152 Albert St.
An SCS officer responded to a burglary alarm. The premise was secure on arrival and the cause of the alarm is unknown.

Unwanted Person; Reported: Dec. 10, 2009 @ 3:30 a.m.; Location: 345 King St. N.
A number of students studying in the lounge on the first floor were bothered by two males in their early 20s. They were knocking on the windows and door demanding to be let in. SCS officers responded but the males were gone on their arrival.

Alarm; Reported: Dec. 10, 2009 @ 9:39 a.m.; Location: 152 Albert St.
An SCS officer responded to a burglary alarm. The premise was secure on arrival and the cause for the alarm is unknown.

Alarm; Reported: Dec. 10, 2009 @ 11:21 a.m.; Location: 165 Albert St.
SCS responded to a burglary alarm that had been activated on the second floor. On arrival it was discovered that an employee had entered one of the rooms without disarming the system.

Injured/Sick Person; Reported: Dec. 10, 2009 @ 11:57 a.m.; Location: Theatre Auditorium
A female student suffered an anxiety attack. SCS officers attended and transported the female to Health Services for treatment.

Property (Lost and Found); Reported: Dec. 11, 2009 @ 3:28 a.m.; Location: Seagram Drive
A spent fire extinguisher was located on the roadway. Believed to have been taken from an unknown location on campus. Taken to Physical Resources.

Alarm; Reported: Dec. 12, 2009 @ 11:50 p.m.; Location: 266 Marsland Drive
A SCS officer responded to a burglary alarm. The premises were secure on arrival. Unknown cause of the alarm. All in order.

Injured/Sick Person; Reported: Dec. 12, 2009 @ 11:24 p.m.; Location: Residence
SCS officers, EMS & Waterloo Fire Dept. responded to a call for an 18 year old female that was experiencing severe chest pains. She was assessed by emergency personnel and transported to Grand River Hospital for observation.

Intoxicated Person; Reported: Dec. 13, 2009 @ 3:52 a.m.; Location: 232 King St. N.
An intoxicated male person was observed by a dispatcher on CCTV standing in the doorway and banging on the window. A SCS officer responded and sent a 27 year old Kitchener resident on his way in a taxi.

Injured/Sick Person; Reported: Dec. 13, 2009 @ 7:17 p.m.; Location: Residence
A SCS officer and ERT were dispatched to a report of a student requiring some medical attention. A student was treated by ERT for a cut to the thumb.

Alarm; Reported: Dec. 13, 2009 @ 8:23 p.m.; Location: Residence
SCS officers & the Waterloo Fire Dept. responded to a report of a fire alarm activated at the a/m location. It was discovered that a frying pan with cooking oil had been overheated on the stove and had started a small fire causing lots of smoke. There was no reported damage and after the smoke was cleared from the wing by WFD the students were allowed access back into the building.