Golden Hawks prepare for epic homecoming 

As Sept. 23 approaches, Laurier is buzzing with excitement for the Homecoming football game. The matchup between the Laurier Golden Hawks and the McMaster Marauders begins at 1:00 p.m. at University Stadium.  

The event promises a great day of fierce rivalry and intense competition. In the 2022 season, the Hawks displayed strengths and areas for improvement. Laurier accomplished an impressive 4th place finish in the OUA with 235 points, showcasing their determination and skill as they advanced to the playoffs.  

However, McMaster ended 8th in the OUA with 150 points, indicating their capacity for unpredictability. Nevertheless, the homecoming spirit is not solely based on athletic rivalry – it’s also a chance to interact with new and old peers, form new friendships and immerse yourself in the lively community that distinguishes Laurier. It’s more than a football game, as the event brings together Grads, present students and newcomers.  Homecoming and its accompanying festivities display remarkable school spirit, as supporters unite to create a vibrant sea of the university’s purple and gold colours in the stands. For first year students, Homecoming isn’t merely a football game, it’s their introduction to Laurier tradition.  

The event serves as a segue for new students seeking to immerse themselves in campus life. Kicking off the Fall 2023 school year, this is a starting point for newcomers to become familiar with Golden Hawk university culture and integrate into the social and sports community. The electric atmosphere at the stadium fosters a sense of community, creating space for new students to join forces in showcasing their pride.  

Tickets for the lively matchup are available for purchase online.