Dear Life: Reading week edition

(Graphic by Adele Palmquist).
(Graphic by Adele Palmquist).

Dear Life,

At least last year, when ”Sh** ___ say” was the overdone YouTube craze, it was mildly comical.

Sincerely,

Harlem Shake provides me with no entertainment value

Dear Life,

Last Thursday I lost the most precious valuable in the world to me on campus. No it was not my phone, not my wallet, not even my laptop but my 32 gb usb stick! I have had this usb stick for many years, on it holds my life’s work, my photographic portfolio. Countless weddings, engagements and birthday parties that I have attended and photographed including photos of people that are no longer with me. It is sad to say that someone found it, took it with them, and currently have it in their possession. If you are reading this, I beg of you please please please return it! No questions asked, I am even willing to issue a reward!

Sincerely,

Bring back, bring back, bring back my usb key to me!

Dear Life,

Why do we have no study space on campus. Thank goodness for eduroam. I can now study at UW where I can find a table!

Sincerely,

Frustrated student that can’t study in noisy house

Dear Life,

Yes, I know we’re here to get an education. Yes, I know it shouldn’t be a competition over which university can make a better YouTube video. But Laurier’s spirit and enthusiasm is one of the reasons I came here. We aren’t the biggest school or the oldest school, but I think today we showed we have more spirit and pride than anyone.

Sincerely,

It’s great to be a Laurier Golden Hawk

Dear Life,

The science students’ mailing list spam has been annoying but I’ve kind of been enjoying it. It’s like one big conversation between irritated students.

Sincerely,

I got a few giggles

Dear Life,

Our world has come to by a very negative place and it seems everyone has something to complain about. I hope those of you who need an extra push to get through each day are able to get it and I hope with each day it becomes easier. Life does not have to be so hard. You are young and full of potential! If you find yourself feeling down, do something that makes you happy and smile because you are important! Remember: ”there is always someone worse off than you and if they can do it, so can you”!

Sincerely,

The Smile Epidemic is the greatest thing to happen to our campus!

Dear Life,

I find that there is nothing better than getting home after a long day’s work and whipping off my bra. Ultimate feeling of satisfaction right there.

Sincerely,

Its the little things

Want to submit a Dear Life? Send an e-mail to dearlife@thecord.ca or click here to submit through our online form. Submissions must be no longer than 100 words and begin with “Dear Life,”.