Dear Life: Jan. 30

dearlife_large.jpgDear Life,
I love underlying tension between WLUSU and everyone else during the election season. Everyone hates everyone but are trying to play nice. Thanks for the entertainment guys.
Sincerely,
Sitting back and enjoying it

Dear Life,
Stopping in the woods on a snowy evening, my butt froze to the seat of the sleigh. It’s too cold out for this sort of thing.
Sincerely,
Wish my last name wasn’t Frost

Dear Life,
Dear Life,
Dear Life,
Cord-ception.
Sincerely,
Sincerely,
Sincerely,
Leonardo DiCaprio

Dear Life,
Waterloo’s boring me to tears. Why don’t you get more interesting, already?
Sincerely,
Please don’t kill me Waterloo lovers

Dear Life,
Why do I get awkward around people who I haven’t seen in years?
Sincerely,
I wonder if people think I’m weird

Dear Life,
It’s called walking, not shuffling.
Sincerely,
Pick up your damn feet

Dear Life,
Thanks so much to Alanna Fairey for her insightful article on smoking culture. As a 21-year-old five year smoker who’s been without a cigarette for almost three months I completely agree with the difficulties people face when trying to quit. The reality is that most will attempt to quit several times until they get on a good non-smoking streak. The best way to get onto one is to think about what you’re leaving behind by giving up your habit, and everything that you’re gaining along with changing your behaviour pattern to just cut it out of your life. I grew up with my dad struggling to quit and he still struggles today. My own brother was a smoker until we made a pact not to smoke anymore. Will power and support are the best tools you have at your disposal to see results. For me, leaving behind the horrible taste, the expensive costs (packs, gum etc.) and November lung infections was what won out. That being said, every day is a struggle, some days are better than others. The best time to quit is winter. Stay inside where it’s warm and stay healthy! Cheers!
Sincerely,
You’ll feel great! Think positive and keep at it!

Dear Life,
I could use a bit more ‘inviolate solitude.’
Sincerely,
Perhaps the Library, or is that a ’darling illusion?’

Dear Life,
A cupcake goes in for a checkup and the doctor tells him, “you’re totally unhealthy. You need to cut back on your intakes of eggs, butter, and sugar.” To which the cupcake says, “doc, how am I supposed to do that? I’m a cupcake!” So the doctor ate him.
Sincerely,
WLU’s cupcake club

Dear Life,
Remember that time in high school?
Sincerely,
WLUSU

Dear Life,
I saw a girl being bullied in the stairwell near the dean’s office. I felt bad because I didn’t say anything right then and there. But I want her to know that I went to the dean of science and told someone right away. NO ONE deserves to be bullied. You have no right to corner someone in a stairwell and bully them.
Sincerely,
Grow the fuck up.

Dear Life,
This is getting ridiculous. That no- talent hack Daniel Day-Lewis wins awards, but Sinbad gets nothing?
Sincerely,
#Jingleallthewayforbestpicture