COVID-19 Updates: Mar. 3

There were 46 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Waterloo Region on Tuesday, with one virus-related death.  

These bring the total in March to 88, and since March 2020 there have been 10,790 cases.  

According to Region of Waterloo Public Health, there are 419 active cases with 40 people in hospital and six currently in intensive care units.  

Ontario reported another 966 COVID-19 cases on Tuesday as well.  

There are now 115 variant cases of COVID-19 in the region. 10 of these cases are confirmed to be the variant B117, which was originally detected in the U.K.  

There are 28 active outbreaks, with six in long-term care and retirement homes and four in schools across the region.  

The locations of two public health vaccination clinics have been announced for the region in March.  

One, will be at The Boardwalk in Waterloo inside the Medical Centre 2 building and the other will be located in the former RONA building on Pinebush Road in Cambridge. 

The region’s target will be to deliver up to 10,000 doses a day as the supply of vaccines continues to increase.  

Other clinics are planned to open across the region as the vaccine supply becomes more stable.  

People who have received two vaccine doses are instructed to still follow public health guidelines accordingly, including social distancing and wearing a mask.