Cord-o-scopes: May 2012

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)
Sadly your month is over but that shouldn’t stop you from getting a bunch of fun things accomplished. I am sure you have a bunch of places mapped out that you want to explore with your friends. Concerts, bars, rotating between cottages; it sounds like you have a great month ahead of you. But unfortunately in our world, in order to have fun, it will cost you. So unless you have a magical bank account or an extremely well-paying internship, be cautious when spending, or opt out to go on free picnics or hang outs in the park instead.

Cancer (June 21 – Jul. 22)
Summer break may sound like months of leisure and fun, but your laissez-faire approach will bite you in the butt. Unfortunately you can’t have it all this summer; late nights, soaking up the sun, earning good money, having adventures, you may have to make a few sacrifices. But that does not mean you will be limited and can’t have fun, just don’t let your moody personality get in the way and sure enough, you will be enjoying yourself by the end of June.

Leo (Jul. 23 – Aug. 22)
We’ve seen your Instagrams, tweets, Facebook posts and hung out with you a couple of times: we get it! You’re on summer break and you want to party. But do you really think the excessive amount of posts are necessary? We don’t need to see another selfie of yourself getting “your tan on”. Stop acting so vain and instead, reach out to a pal who may not be having as much fun as you are. You can finally use your party-animal-like ways for a good cause.

Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22)
Analytical, reliable and precise, there is no question that you have your summer mapped out and organized. However if plans do not necessarily go the way you want to, don’t get fussy or act inflexible. Everyone is in “summer mood” so the game changes a bit. Make sure to organize enough time to do some things for yourself this month; even though you are having fun and are satisfied, you still have to put aside for the things you need.

Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22)
Your lax exterior will not benefit you if you are expected to get anything accomplished this month. The summer sun has finally made its presence and it is making you lazy and sleepy. Have you done anything productive recently? Make sure you get out there and do something quick. Wasting away on that couch will get you nowhere.

Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21)
This is going to be a fun month for you! Naturally resourceful and passionate, you should take advantage of the nice weather and tackle all those activities that are on your bucket list (if you don’t have one, maybe this is the time to create one). If you think your summer is off to a great start now, just wait until you squeeze in some of those items.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21)
It’s your way or the highway this month. Or maybe it is the highway because going on a roadtrip this summer should definitely be on your to-do list. Canada has numerous music festivals happening all over the country, but I’m sure visiting our neighbours down south would have some cool events as well. In fact, do me a favour and go to the Pitchfork festival. Send me a postcard as well when you’re in Chicago.

Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19)
Your strong, responsible and ambitious personality makes you not only ahead of the game with securing a good summer job, but also being around to help your friends who are not doing so well. However, your stubborn and dictatorial traits may shine through when giving a pal advice. You may be right: sitting at home waiting around, occasionally doing mom’s requested chores does not get you anywhere, but they have to be the bigger person and figure it out.

Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18)
Do not let your rebellious side do anything too crazy. Like cliff jumping at a cottage during the weekends, or randomly taking up an extreme sport. You are the most clever sign out of the bunch, but never mess around with mother nature — she will win. Although you can’t get too wild, I’m sure on the 14th something fun will come along.

Pisces (Feb. 19 – March 20)
Not sure what to do this month? Letting your imagination get the best of you? You need to plan a trip and fast! Although working in the summer is the best opportunity to help out your savings account, this is also a perfect opportunity to give yourself that mini vacation you have always wanted. If you plan it right, you will have time to fit this in with your work schedule and I’m sure your friends will be just as excited as you are to jump on board.

Aries (March 21 – Apr. 19)
Be generous, but not too generous. If you see a friend struggling with handing resumes out, it is always nice to help — but don’t let that take away from getting your opportunities. If you are currently working or in summer school, do not put a lot of pressure on yourself as you usually tend to do. It’s okay to work hard but not so hard that you wear yourself down. Use this month to volunteer in any events you have always wanted to, but never had the chance before.

Taurus (Apr. 20 – May 20)
You are extremely loyal to your friends but don’t be offended if they seem standoffish or too busy to hang out with you this month. You may take things the wrong way if you’re sensitive about friends being unavailable. Take that as the opportunity to take care of yourself and do the things you want to do. Remember that project you told yourself you were going to tackle? Well? Go for it! Also, remember it gets hot in June, so on the 8th, go get yourself an ice cream cone.

Being the ambitious Virgo, Life Editor Carly Basch attempted to create the June Cordoscopes while scarfing down a sandwhich during her lunchbreak in the Financial District. Do not take these to heart.