Brown drops out of BOD race

Ted Brown, a current director on the WLUSU board and student senator has dropped his candidacy for a second term as a director. He gave written notice to chief returning officer Natalee Snell on the morning of Jan. 28.

Brown will continue to campaign for one of the two elected undergraduate student positions on the university’s board of governors [BOG] as well as serve on the senate. His decision to not continue to run for a director position stems from his intention to focus more on academics and other campus initiatives.

“I figured it would be better to make the decision now, especially if I found out next year that I would be even busier with school,” Brown said.

“There are some bigger changes that I’d like to see but I don’t have the time to dedicate to actually see them go through next year, that’s unfortunate.”

Brown stressed his commitment to the senate and his BOG campaign, noting the importance each role has for him representing students’ interests in university decision-making.

“The two combined make all the decisions in the university, it just makes me more effective and able to deal with any concern, I can deal with anything non- [students’] union related,” he said, adding that he felt limited in what he could accomplish as a WLUSU director.

“Running for board of directors at first I thought we could control all these things, but then I realized we’re just in that building.”