Bag O’ Crime

Alarm
Location: Kitchener Campus
A Special Constable responded to a Burglary/Glass Break Alarm at the Faculty of Social Work, Kitchener Campus. The alarm registered as coming from the front door. No suspects or activity observed on camera. On arrival, the officer performed a premise check with negative results. Cause of alarm is unknown. The alarm system was not activated, and therefore the officer set alarm.

Intoxicated Person
Location: Residence
Reported: Tuesday Sept. 28, 2010 @ 12:25 a.m.
An intoxicated female Laurier student was taken to St Mary’s Hospital for observation.

Injured/Sick Person
Location: Kitchener Campus
Reported: Tuesday Sept. 28, 2010 @ 11:44 a.m.
A female Laurier student required medical attention for a seizure. Was treated by EMS and later was escorted home by a friend.

Injured/Sick Person
Location: Residence
Reported: Tuesday Sept. 28, 2010 @ 12:36 p.m.
A female Laurier student passed out in a residence and was escorted to Health Services for observation.

Alarm
Location: 1E1 Arts
Reported: Tuesday Sept. 28, 2010 @ 5:25 p.m.
Dispatch received a console alarm at Arts 1E1. Officer attended and found a class in session. All appeared to be in order. System was reset at dispatch.

Alarm
Location: St Michael Campus
Reported: Wednesday Sept. 29, 2010 @ 1:23 a.m.
A male Laurier student entered the main hallway of St Michael Campus accidentally setting off the motion alarm. The main door was not secured properly.

Intoxicated Person
Location: Nichols Campus Centre
Reported: Wednesday Sept. 29, 2010 @ 1:10 a.m.
A female Laurier student was intoxicated in the Nichols Quad. Special Constables approached the female Laurier student on Mid Campus Drive. She appeared to be okay and was escorted home by a friend.

Injured/Sick Person
Location: Residence
Reported: Wednesday September 29, 2010 @ 6:06am
A female Laurier student was complaining of chest pains and was escorted to Grand River Hospital by ambulance for an assessment.

Theft Under $5,000
Location: F.N.C.C. – Wilf’s Pub
Reported: Sept. 29, 2010 @ 1:47 p.m.
A male Laurier student had placed his backpack with personal effects on a bench and left it unattended for a short period of time. When he returned it was gone. Special Constable Services is investigating the theft.

Theft Under $5,000
Location: Parking Lot #3A
Reported: Sept. 29, 2010 @ 5:30 p.m.
A female Laurier student had placed a binder and her wallet on top of her vehicle and proceeded into the gymnasium at the Athletic Centre. Upon returning to her vehicle some two hours later she discovered that person(s) unknown had taken the articles. Special Constable Services is investigating the theft.

Theft Under $5,000
Location: F.N.C.C. – Concourse
Reported: Sept. 29, 2010 @ 7:00 p.m.
A male Laurier student reported the theft of his cell phone when he left it unattended in the Concourse for a period of time. Video footage of the area where he left it did not reveal anything useful.

Alarm
Location: St Michael’s Campus
Reported: Sept. 29, 2010 @ 10:50 p.m.
Special constables responded to an alarm at St Michael’s Campus. On arrival the premises were found to be secure and everything appeared to be in order. The cause of the alarm is unknown.

Drugs
Location: Residence
Reported: Sept. 30 @ 12:11 a.m.
A special constable attended with residence staff in a room in a residence after receiving a report of a strong odour of marijuana. A small amount of the substance was seized. Residence staff is dealing with the matter.

Unwanted Person
Location: Library
Reported: Sept. 30, 2010 @ 9:13 a.m.
A male Laurier student had been sleeping at one of the cubicles in the library for the last 3 days for a period of approximately 5hrs each time. Special constable attended the library in response to the report. The individual was located and advised to refrain from using the Library as his bedroom.

Property Damage
Location: Parking Lot 20
Reported: Sept. 30, 2010 @ 12:04 p.m.
A vehicle that was parked in lot 20 is being investigated by Special Constable Services for reported damages.

Unwanted Person
Location: Nichols Center Quad
Reported: Sept. 30, 2010 @ 1:55 p.m.
Two individuals in the Nichols Centre Quad were selling spa products to passing students when approached by Special constables. The individuals were spoken to and advised of the policy regarding this type of activity on campus. They were instructed to leave the campus and complied.

Injured/Sick Person
Location: 202 Regina St.
Reported: Sept. 30, 2010 @ 3:52 p.m.
A female Laurier student who had fainted was attended to by Special constables and EMS at 202 Regina St. On arrival the student was conscious and sitting on the floor. She was convinced to go with EMS to the hospital to be checked.

Unknown Call Requiring Police Assistance
Location: Special Constable Dispatch Centre
Reported: Sept. 30, 2010 @ 3:50 p.m.
Special Constable Service received a report of unauthorized entry into a computer lab in the Arts C Wing. Investigation is being conducted.

Injured/Sick Person
Location: Peters Building
Reported: Sept. 30, 2010 @ 6:59 p.m.
A female Laurier student reported an injury at the Peters Building. A special constable and ERT responded to the injured female. The individual suffered a laceration to her big toe at the stairs outside the Peters Building. ERT cleaned and treated the injury.

Assist Other Service
Location: Parking Lot 13/14
Reported: Sept. 30, 2010 @ 8:02 p.m.
Waterloo Regional Police were called to investigate a person injury collision that took place between a cyclist and a motor vehicle in lot 13. The cyclist sustained injuries to his head/face area and was subsequently taken to hospital by EMS. Regional Police are investigating.

Intoxicated Person
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 1, 2010 @ 12:40 a.m.
Special constables and ERT attended at a Residence regarding an intoxicated female. Due to the level of intoxication EMS was called and she was taken to hospital.

Alarm
Location: Science Building Research Building
Reported: Oct. 1, 2010 @ 12:56 p.m.
A special constable responded to an alarm at the Science Research Building. The alarm was caused because the individual’s cancel code was not working.

Graffiti
Location: Lyle S. Hallman Building
Reported: Oct. 1, 2010 @ 10:30 a.m.
A special constable attended at the Lyle S. Hallman Building in response to a report of hate graffiti in the women’s washroom. Waterloo Regional Police Forensic Identification Unit was also called in. The matter is under investigation. PP&P were notified to have the graffiti removed.

Alarm
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 1, 2010 @ 1:40 p.m.
Special constables and Waterloo Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Residence. The cause of the alarm was an overheated exhaust fan. The fire department gave the all clear and residents were allowed to re-enter the building. PP&P were notified to check on the fan.

Assist Other Service
Location: King & Lodge St
Reported: Oct. 1, 2010 @ 3:36 p.m.
Special constables assisted Regional Police with a personal injury MVA near the corner of King & Lodge St. A female student was struck by a car as she attempted to cross King St and suddenly turned to go the other direction. Regional Police investigated and subsequently charged the pedestrian. The female did not go to the hospital.

Property Damage
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 1, 2010 @ 7:09 p.m.
Person(s) unknown broke a window at a residence. There are no suspects.

Property Damage
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 1, 2010 @ 11:13 p.m.
A special constable investigated a report of a discharged fire extinguisher outside a residence. Investigation revealed that a guest of a resident was responsible. The individual was charged under the Trespass to Property Act and issued a written trespass notice banning him from any WLU controlled property. He was not allowed to stay the night.

Alarm
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 1, 2010 @ 11:30 p.m.
Special constables and Waterloo Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a residence. The cause of the alarm was due to an activated pull station. There was no sign of smoke or fire and residents were allowed to return to the building. There are no suspects.

Intoxicated Person
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 12:16 a.m.
Special constables and ERT responded to 345 King in regards to an intoxicated person. The resident had vomited and was left in the care of a sober roommate. Residence staff will deal with the individual.

Assault
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 11:52 p.m.
A WLU student reported that he had been assaulted in parking lot 3A by 4 or 5 males after having a verbal altercation with them. The complainant reports that he was walking away when he was thrown against a parked car and when he fell to the ground was kicked and punched several times before the males fled. The complainant sustained minor injuries to his face a scrapes on both hands, which were treated by ERT. Video footage of the area is being reviewed and witnesses will be interviewed. Investigation is continuing.

Intoxicated Person
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 12:05 a.m.
ERT responded to a report of an intoxicated female at a residence. Special constables could not attend immediately as they were tied up with other calls. The female was checked by ERT and was monitored by the duty don for the rest of the night.

Drugs
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 12:59 a.m.
Special constables attended at a residence in response to a report of marijuana use. Some drug paraphernalia was seized. A male guest claimed ownership of the items. He was evicted from the premises and issued a written trespass notice banning him from all WLU controlled property.

Injured/Sick Person
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 3:45 a.m.
A special constable and ERT attended at a residence regarding an extremely intoxicated female who was incoherent. She also had some scrapes and chipped teeth. She did not know where she was and was subsequently transported to hospital by ERT.

Property Damage
Location: Mid Campus Dr
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 3:18 a.m.
Two male students were caught attempting to steal the WLU flag from the flag pole at the front of the Aird Centre. The flag was torn in the process and the matter will be forwarded to the Judicial Affairs Council.

Disturbance
Location: South Side of Little House
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 12:38 a.m.
Special constables responded to the grass area at the south side of Little House after receiving a report of a large group of individuals engaging in a physical altercation. Waterloo Regional Police was also called to assist. On arrival a large group dispersed. After speaking to witnesses it was learned that the altercation was only verbal and that there were no victims, complainants or reported injuries. No further action was required.

Liquor Offence
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 2:46 a.m.
A provincial offence notice was issued to a non-Laurier male student for a Liquor Act violation near a residence. No further action was required.

Intoxicated Person
Location: Peters Building
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 1:08 p.m.
Special constables and ERT attended the first floor women’s washroom at the Peters building regarding an intoxicated female. On arrival the female was found face down in one of the stalls. She was attended to by ERT and EMS also attended.

Alarm
Location: University Stadium
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 1:44 p.m.
Person(s) unknown activated a pull station at University Stadium during the Homecoming Football game. There was no sign of smoke or fire and the alarm was reset.

Injured/Sick Person
Location: University Stadium
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 1:46 p.m.
ERT responded to the stadium regarding a male student with a cut hand. First aid was administered by ERT.

Property Damage
Location: Student Services Building
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 2:32 p.m.
Custodial staff reported a broken window on the second floor of the Student Services Building near the Paul Martin Centre. No suspects. PP&P were called to board up the window.

Theft Under $5000
Location: Dining Hall
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 3:32 p.m.
A special constable caught a male student taking food from the Food Services area without paying. The matter will be sent to the judicial Affairs Council.

Injured/Sick Person
Location: Student Services Building
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 4:21 p.m.
A female attended at the Special Constable Dispatch Centre with a cut hand. First Aid was administered.

Theft Under $5000
Location: University Stadium
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 4:27 p.m.
An unidentified male stole a University of Guelph Football Team football off the field at the Homecoming football game. He was chased for a short distance by the contract security hired by the stadium. The suspect was last seen running up the hill behind Lucinda House and passing the football off to another unidentified male before making good his escape.

Intoxicated Person
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 2:32 p.m.
Special constables and ERT attended a residence regarding an intoxicated female guest in the main floor washroom who was going in and out of consciousness and displayed what appeared to be symptoms of jaundice. EMS was dispatched and the female was subsequently taken to hospital.

Alarm
Location: Science Building
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 3:52 p.m.
Special constables and Waterloo Fire department attended at the Science Building in response to a fire alarm. The cause of the alarm was determined to be an activated pull station. There was no sign of smoke or fire. The alarm was reset.

Unwanted Person
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 10:44 p.m.
A special constable attended outside the south end of Willison Hall in response to a report of a male in the area who had been issued a written trespass notice the previous night. On arrival the individual could not be found.

Alarm
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 10:48 p.m.
Special constables and Waterloo Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Residence. A heat detector in one of the apartments caused the alarm. There was no sign of smoke or fire. Residents were allowed to re enter the building.

Injured/Sick Person
Location: Terrace Food Court
Reported: Oct. 3, 2010 @ 12:05 a.m.
A special constable attended at the Food Court after receiving a report that a male was bleeding there. Investigation revealed that the male had been involved in an altercation off campus. He refused medical attention and did not want the matter pursued. He was not a Laurier student.

Intoxicated Person
Location: Turret
Reported: Oct. 3, 2010 @ 12:33 a.m.
A female alumni patron was found passed out and in an intoxicated condition outside the Turret. She was awakened and was taken home by a sober friend.

Intoxicated Person
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 2, 2010 @ 11:32 p.m.
A special constable and ERT responded to a Residence regarding an intoxicated resident who was reported to be irate and “zoning in and out”. EMS was called because the individual had also been taking some prescription medication as well as drinking. He was subsequently taken to hospital to be checked.

Drugs
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 3, 2010 @ 1:03 a.m.
Special constables attended at a Residence at the request of residence staff to deal with a marijuana situation. A very small amount of the substance was seized. Residence staff will be dealing with the individual.

Disturbance
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 3, 2010 @ 12:42 a.m.
Special constables responded to a Residence after receiving a report of a number of individuals involved in an altercation on the second floor.

Drugs
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 3, 2010 @ 3:44 a.m.
A special constable attended at a residence in response to a report of marijuana odour coming from one of the rooms. Some drug paraphernalia was seized. The matter is being sent before the Judicial Affairs Council.

Drugs
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 3, 2010 @ 3:08 a.m.
Special constables dealt with a drug related call at a residence. Drug paraphernalia and a small amount of marijuana was seized. Two guests were evicted from the residence. Residence staff is going to deal with the residents involved.

Alarm
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 3, 2010 @ 2:51 a.m.
A special constable and Waterloo Fire Department attended at a residence in response to a fire alarm. There was no sign of smoke or fire. The cause of the alarm was determined to be a problem with a heat detector. PP&P have been notified to check it.

Theft Under $5000
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 3, 2010 @ 3:08 a.m.
While attending a drug call at a residence special constables received a report from a guest who claimed that a quantity of cash, which he left on a desk, was gone. The matter is under investigation.

Injured/Sick Person
Location: University Stadium
Reported: Oct. 3, 2010 @ 9:59 a.m.
A special constable and EMS attended University Stadium after receiving a report that a female was having a seizure. On arrival the individual was lying on the ground, conscious and being attended to by paramedics. She did not have a seizure but is believed to have fainted. She was taken to hospital to be assessed, as she was pregnant.

MVC- Hit and Run
Location: Parking Lot 14
Reported: Oct. 3, 2010 @ 8:46 p.m.
A special constable attended at lot 14 after receiving a report from the owner of a car parked there that during the time her vehicle was there damage was done to it. It is believed that another vehicle may have struck it and left the scene. A note with a phone number was left on her windshield advising her to call the number. When she did so she learned that the number was no longer in service.

If you have any information regarding these or any other incidents please call 519-885-3333 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. The Bag O’ Crime is submitted by WLU Special Constable Service.