Bag O’ Crime: Oct 6-10 2015

Location:  Laurier Place
Reported:  Tuesday, October 6, 2015 @ 10:19 a.m.
SCS was notified by Residence Life of a possible break and enter at St Clements House – a decommissioned student residence – located at 205 Sunview Ave, Waterloo. Upon arrival the officer located the east window’s screen pried up and some bricks stacked directly underneath the window so it could be accessed. Entry was not gained to the building. At the time of the report there are no suspects.

Location:  Athletic Complex
Reported:  Tuesday, October 6, 2015 @ 11:43 a.m.
SCS met with a non-Laurier affiliate male with a service dog who had been approaching students at the Athletic Complex located on campus seeking assistance with security at a local Kitchener bar where the subject male had been removed from previously. The male was cautioned for his actions and verbally trespassed from any and all Laurier owned or controlled properties. The male left the area without incident.

Location:  200 King St. N.
Reported:  Wednesday, October 7, 2015 @ 11:58 a.m.
SCS investigated a report of graffiti in the north stairwell of the 200 King St. parking garage. The graffiti, which was written in purple paint, was not offensive nor hate related. It spelled out the word ‘RULE.’

Location:  Off Campus
Reported:  Thursday, October 8, 2015 @ 4:41 p.m.
SCS took an initial report from a Laurier student regarding a suspicious vehicle that was observed on October 5 in the area of Bridgeport Rd. and King St., Waterloo. The vehicle was observed following two females walking along the sidewalk. The vehicle then drove onto the sidewalk and a male occupant exited and began chasing the females. The investigation was turned over to Waterloo Regional Police.

Location:  Leupold Residence
Reported:  Saturday, October 10, 2015 @ 11:08 pm
SCS officers and members from the Waterloo Fire Rescue attended to the student residence in response to an activated fire alarm. There was no fire or smoke. It was determined that a fire alarm pull station had been pulled as a prank. There are no suspects and the matter is being investigated by SCS. A reminder to students that this kind of activity is a criminal offence treated with a zero tolerance approach and responsible perpetrator(s) will be charged accordingly.
Anyone with information is asked to call either The Special Constable Service at 519-885-3333, Waterloo Regional Police Service at 519-653-7700 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.  You can also use the SAFEHawk application.