Bag o’ Crime: Oct. 5, 2011

MVC – PD

Location: Parking Lot #4

Reported: Sept. 26 at 11:48 a.m.

A car accident in Lot #4 was reported to Special Constable Service. Damage to vehicles was minor and there were no injuries to report. Settled between parties. They were advised to attend to the WRPS Collision Reporting Centre.

Theft Under $5,000

Location: Library

Reported: Sept. 26 at 4:10 p.m.

A male Laurier student reported his laptop stolen from the fifth floor of the library. Officer checked the area and reviewed video in the area of the theft with negative results. The victim had temporarily left his work station unattended. The laptop is described as a silver coloured Apple MacBook Pro. There are no suspects.

Unwanted Person

Location: John Aird Centre

Reported: Sept. 27 at 6:08 p.m.

A female student called the SCS Dispatch Centre complaining about a male party that had approached her. He had requested that she attend a ‘Falun Dafa’ (a high level Chinese cultivation practice) event and sing in front of all the followers for this gathering. She informed him she was not interested. This male was gone upon the arrival of SCS. He was captured on CCTV cameras. Attempts are being made to have him identified and spoken to.

Suspect description:
Male, Asian, early forties, 5’, 130 lbs, wearing jeans and a striped light blue shirt.

Theft Under $5,000

Location: Science Building

Reported: Sept. 27 at 1 p.m.

A student reported the theft of her blackberry and watch. She left both items unattended in a computer lab on the first floor of the Science Building. The door was propped open and when she returned the items were gone. No suspects.

Assist Other Service

Location: Parking Lot 3A

Reported: Sept. 28 at 11:03 a.m.

A fail to remain motor vehicle collision was reported to have occurred in lot 3A when a witness observed a vehicle back in to another parked vehicle. The suspect vehicle was located on campus at another location. Waterloo Regional Police are investigating.

By-Law Complaint

Location: 232 King St. North

Reported: Sept. 29 at 2:26 a.m.

A 25-year-old male from Sault Ste. Marie was issued a $300 Provincial Offence Notice contrary to the Waterloo By-Law for ‘Foul, permit to foul land owned privately’. He had been observed by SCS urinating against the building which houses SCS offices.

By-Law Complaint

Location: 232 King St. North

Reported: Sept. 29 at 2:40 a.m.

A 23-year-old Brampton male was issued a $300 Provincial Offence Notice contrary to the Waterloo By-Law for ‘Foul, permit to foul land owned privately’. He had been observed by SCS urinating against the building which houses SCS offices.

Property Damage

Location: Fred Nichols Campus Centre

Reported: Sept. 29 at 1:53 a.m.

A window in a door was broken by a group of people that were seen on CCTV cameras passing through the area of the Concourse. The damage appears to have been caused by accident, however no one has come forward to claim responsibility and the person(s) have not been identified.

MVC-H and R

Location: Parking Lot #10

Reported: Sept. 29 at 1:59 p.m.

SCS is investigating a hit and run motor vehicle collision that occurred in P10 in the early afternoon. The complainant’s parked vehicle received damage to the front bumper. Description of the suspect’s vehicle is unknown. The complainant will be attending to the WRPS Collision Reporting Centre.

Intoxicated Person

Location: Turret

Reported: Sept. 30 at 12:26 a.m.

While on foot patrol of the Turret Night Club, SCS Officers found an intoxicated male vomiting in the male bathroom. The male was escorted out of the club.

Unwanted Person

Location: Turret

Reported: Sept. 30 at 12:27 a.m.

An 18-year-old male student had been evicted from the Turret Night Club for being under age. He managed to re-enter the premises again and was confronted by a SCS officer. He will be brought before the Judicial Affairs Council for a review of his conduct.

Unwanted Person

Location: Turret Night Club

Reported: Sept. 30 at 2:34 a.m.

SCS Officers arrested a non-student under the Trespass to Property Act, for failing to leave premise when directed, and fail to identify. The male was issued Provincial Offence Notices for above offences, as well as urinating in a public place.

Remove Belongings

Location: Residence

Reported: Sept. 30 at 3:03 p.m.

SCS and a Residence Life staff member assisted a male student in removing his personal property from the student residence. The student had been evicted from the residence stemming from an incident that he had been involved in a week earlier.

Property Damage

Location: Chancellor Drive

Reported: Oct. 1 at 12:39 a.m.

One of the Food Service’s parked vans sustained damage to the hood by a flying piece of wood fencing. It had been parked near the ongoing construction site by the FNCC and high winds had loosened some of the fencing.

Drugs

Location: Residence

Reported: Oct. 1 at 3:04 a.m.

SCS officers attended to the student residence in response to a complaint of suspected drug usage. Some drug paraphernalia was seized for destruction. A male non student (guest) was evicted and one male student was evicted by Residence Life staff for the night.

Intoxicated Person

Location: University Stadium

Reported: Oct. 1 at 12:45 p.m.

SCS assisted TNT security staff in evicting a male spectator at a football game from the stadium. He was intoxicated and had vomited in the stands. He was issued a Provincial Offence Notice under The Liquor Licence Act for Minor Consume Alcohol and escorted home by his friends.

Intoxicated Person

Location: University Stadium

Reported: Oct. 1 at 1:46 p.m.

SCS assisted TNT security staff in evicting a male spectator at a football game from the stadium for being intoxicated and for having open alcohol in his possession.

Intoxicated Person

Location: University Stadium

Reported: Oct. 1 at 1:25 p.m.

SCS officers dealt with an intoxicated female at the stadium during a football game. She had been passed out in the women’s washroom. She was transported to Grand River Hospital for further assessment and treatment.

Intoxicated Person

Location: University Stadium

Reported: Oct. 1 at 1:30 p.m.

SCS assisted TNT security staff in evicting an intoxicated female patron from the stadium during a football game. She was left in the care of a friend and taken home.

Theft Under $5,000

Location: Residence

Reported: Oct. 1 at 2 p.m.

A female was walking towards her residence on when an unknown female approached her and snatched her lanyard with attached keys and her OneCard from her. The thief then ran in the direction of Clayfield and Ezra Streets.

The suspect is described as a female, white with brunette hair.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: University Stadium

Reported: Oct. 1 at 3:45 p.m.

SCS officers dealt with an intoxicated female that had entered a prohibited area of the stadium where the pyrotechnic equipment was kept. She had sustained a fall and had struck her head. She refused any medical treatment and was requested to leave the stadium. She was escorted out and left in the care of a friend.

Disturbance

Location: Off Campus

Reported: Oct. 1 at 1:06 p.m.

SCS officers and WRPS attended to 147 Albert St. in response to a large house party of about 300 people that getting out of hand. Beer bottles were being thrown over the fence onto stadium property during a football game. The matter was dealt with by WRPS.

Assist Other Service

Location: University Stadium

Reported: Oct. 1 at 2:34 p.m.

SCS officers at a football game detained a male party that was streaking naked across the field. He was taken into custody by WRPS for further investigation.

Property Damage

Location: Residence

Reported: Oct. 2 at 1:13 a.m.

The SCS Dispatcher received a call from a Residence Life staff member that a chair had been thrown through a ground floor window of the student residence facing the Quad. SCS officers attended but the responsible person(s) were no longer on scene. CCTV camera footage is being reviewed.

Drugs

Location: Residence

Reported: Oct. 2 at 12:10 a.m.

SCS officers attended to the student residence in response to a call for suspected drug usage. A ‘bong’ was seized for destruction. Two male guests were evicted. One 19-year-old male student will be dealt with by Residence Life staff for the narcotics violation.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Residence

Reported: Oct. 2 at 4:54 p.m.

SCS officers members attended to the student residence in response to a call for medical assistance. The victim and another friend of hers had been involved in some ‘horseplay’ spinning each other around. Their heads had struck one another and the victim was complaining of a bad headache, nausea, blurred vision and dizziness. She was treated by ERT and advised to seek further medical assistance if any of the symptoms persisted.

Alarm

Location: Residence

Reported: Oct. 2 at 7:47 p.m.

SCS and members of the Waterloo Fire Department attended to the student residence in response to an activated fire alarm. It was determined that a smoke detector on the third floor had been activated as a result of someone burning some popcorn. There was no fire and the building was aired out in order to clear the smoke.