Arts Bites: Oct. 19, 2011

Quinto Comes Out

Inspired by a 14-year-old YouTube vlogger who recently committed suicide over the constant gay bashing he endured at school, Heroes star and current Spock Zachary Quinto came out as a gay man to the public. Quinto revealed the information during an interview with New York magazine, leaving tens of thousands of Star Trek fangirls weeping that they only have Chris Pine left.

Hannah Montana Co-Star Booked, Ha

Disney kid Mitchell Musso, most famous for his roles as Oliver on Hannah Montana and the voice of Jeremy on Phineus and Ferb, was arrested earlier this week for a DUI in Burbank, California. Officers made Musso take both a field sobriety test as well as a Breathalyzer failing both and was thus detained.

Y’know, it was probably his alcohol level, but I’ll bet his newly released self-titled debut album was the kicker for the arresting officers.

Jackman, Crowe and now Hathaway are “Miserables”

For an upcoming film version of classic Broadway play Les Miserables, Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe are welcoming the likes of Anne Hathaway to the cast. The future Catwoman and “Rad Pack” member will be taking on the role of Fantine, while Hugh “Wolverine” Jackman and future Jor-El Russell Crowe (in the upcoming Superman reboot from Zack Snyder) will play Jean Valjean and Inspector Javert respectively.

The film will be directed by recent Oscar winner Tom Hooper, but will shockingly not be produced by either Marvel or DC studios.

–Compiled by Wade Thompson