10 resources at Laurier to help you have a successful year

1) Counselling Services: An entirely free service for Laurier students, it gives you the opportunity to speak with a counselor one-on-one and deal with personal, emotional or mental health problems.

2) Study Skills & SI Centre: A service designed to help students adjust to the difficulties of university academics and learn successful study skills and habits.

3) The Writing Centre: Located in the library, this service provides individual meetings with experts who can help you perfect your essays, saving you precious percentiles.

4) Chaplains: Spiritual leaders offer spiritual counsel and education, or just someone to talk to about issues of faith.

5) The Student Nutrition Action Committee (SNAC): Students partnered with Laurier Student Services and two consulting dietitians offer advice for healthy eating on campus, as well as counseling regarding eating disorders.

6) Peer Help Line: A confidential phone service run through the Students’ Union that provides an open ear, as well as information and referral, for life problems you are facing.

7) Students Offering Support (SOS): Student volunteers run review sessions before exams for a $20 donation that is given directly to education projects in developing nations.

8) Career Development Centre: Whether it’s looking over your resume or helping you apply to grad school, this service offers endless help in paving your way to employment after university.

9) Accessible Learning Centre (ALC): Do you have a learning disability? If so, the ALC can provide you with the accommodation you need to excel at Laurier.

10) Financial Resources: Run through the Students’ Union, Financial Resources is a group meant to help students learn to manage their money and budget appropriately.