You Know What Yanks My Cord …

… religious fanatics.

I know. I know. There are plenty of nice, liberal-minded religious people out there. This is not about them. This is about the people who cry offence when they don’t get things their way. Freedom of religion only seems to apply when it’s their religion, which is of course the one true religion. If you’ve ever had a debate with these religious fascists, you know what I am talking about.

There is no other legitimate point of view other than their own because they have God on their side. And not surprisingly God seems to agree with everything they believe in. It’s not just they who hate “the gays.” God hates them too. Though, they would probably phrase it as hating the sinful gay lifestyle that gays choose. Nevertheless, I think there may be some ambiguity in who made whom in whose image.

But, then again there is a lot of cherry-picking or should I say interpretation of scripture that goes on. They have an interesting mix-and-match approach to their beliefs. Unfortunately, that sort of relativism runs into problems. The result is that hypocrisy gets taken to new levels. They are against abortion because they believe oh so much in the sanctity of life. But, on the other hand they are so riled up for the death penalty that you’d think they would volunteer to be the executioner. Don’t be fooled. These religious fanatics don’t believe in God. They want to be God. Their faith is not a private affair — it’s a political tool.
— Andrew Chai