Oct. 20, 2010

Alarm:
Date: Oct. 11, 2010 @ 7:16 p.m.
Location: Residence
SCS, EMS, ERT and the Waterloo Fire Dept. attended to the student residence in response to a carbon monoxide detector that had been activated. The Fire Dept. determined there was no release of any carbon monoxide and the alarm was found to be coming from a faulty detector.

Alarm:
Date: Oct. 11, 2010 @ 10:28 p.m.
Location: Residence
SCS officers and members from the Waterloo Fire Dept. attended to the student residence in response to an activated fire alarm. There was no smoke or fire and it was determined
that a heat sensor had been activated on the main floor for reasons unknown.

Property Damage:
Date: Oct. 12, 2010 @ 1:16 a.m.
Location: Residence
SCS officers are investigating a report of a broken window in one of the entrance doors to the east side of the student residence.

Property Damage:
Date: Oct. 12, 2010 @ 4:31 a.m.
Location: Unknown
Fresh damage was discovered on one of the SCS service vehicles. Person(s) unknown at an unknown location had purposely dented the trunk.

Alarm:
Date: Oct. 12, 2010 @ 10:14 a.m.
Location: Schlegel Centre for Entrepreneurship
A SCS officer responded to a report of a panic button having been activated at the a/m location in one of the offices. It turned out to be false alarm and everything was in order.

Assistance Call from Public:
Date: Oct. 13, 2010 @ 3.17 a.m.
Location: Unknown

SCS assistance was requested to locate an individual that had not been seen or heard from in a while. The person was located and everything was in order.

Disturbance:
Date: Oct. 14, 2010 @ 1:40 a.m.
Location: Residence
SCS officers attended to the student residence in response to a complaint of a disturbance involving several males. The males were located and found to be having a verbal argument. They were all sent on their way.

Theft Under $5,000:
Date: Oct. 14, 2010 @ 12:01 p.m.
Location: Residence
SCS is investigating the theft of a bicycle that was reportedly stolen from in front of the student residence.

Injured/Sick Person:
Date: Oct. 14, 2010 @ 12:50 p.m.
Location: Lyle S Hallman Building
A report was received about a female suffering from a seizure. SCS was called to assist and upon their arrival the female was conscious, breathing normal and had not sustained any injuries. No medical assistance was required and she sat out the remainder of her class.

Unauthorized Soliciting:
Date: Oct. 14, 2010 @ 2:07 p.m.
Location: Parking area between Willison Hall & C.H. Little House
A complaint was received about occupants from a Club Sobeys vehicle aggressively soliciting the students. SCS attended, located and spoke to the responsible parties. The University policy on soliciting was explained to them and they were sent on their way.

Unwanted Person:
Date: Oct. 14, 2010 @ 11:30 p.m.
Location: Laurier Athletic Complex
A complaint was received about several males on the roof of the A.C. SCS officers attended but were unable to locate the responsible parties.

Alarm
Date: Oct. 15, 2010 @ 1:36 a.m.
Location: FNCC – Terrace Food Court
A security alarm was received at the a/m location. SCS officers responded and found the premises to be secure and everything appeared to be in order.

Alarm
Date: Oct. 15, 2010 @ 10:58 a.m.
Location: Residence
SCS officers attended to the student residence in response to an activated fire alarm on the 4th floor. There was no fire and the cause was deemed to be a faulty system.

DRUGS
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 15, 2010 @ 3:50 p.m.
Some drug paraphernalia was seized a residence after special constables responded to a call for assistance from residence staff. They are dealing with the persons responsible.

UNWANTED PERSON
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 15, 2010 @ 11:03 p.m.
Special constables attended a residence after receiving a report of two males who refused to leave when asked to by residence staff. On arrival was already gone and the other was in the process of leaving. No further action was required.

INTOXICATED PERSON
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 15, 2010 @ 11:11 p.m.
A special constable and ERT attended a residence in response to a report of a very intoxicated male. EMS was also called because his level of intoxication and he was subsequently transported to hospital.

DRUGS
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 16, 2010 @ 12:30 a.m.
A special constable had occasion to enter a residence and on entering the stairwell detected a strong odour of marijuana. No one responsible could be located.

INTOXICATED PERSON
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 16, 2010 @ 12:24 a.m.
A special constable responded to the front of a Residence after receiving a report of an intoxicated female lying in the driveway. EMS was already in attendance when the officer arrived. She was subsequently taken to hospital due to her level of intoxication.

DISTURBANCE
Location: Residence
Reported: Oct. 16, 2010 @ 2:09 a.m.
Special constables responded to a residence regarding a report of items being thrown from a window. Occupants of a number of apartments were spoken to but those responsible could not be determined. Residence staff will be holding a meeting with residents regarding the dangers of throwing things from windows.

ALARM
Location: Nichols Centre
Reported: Oct. 16, 2010 @ 9:50 a.m.
A special constable responded to the WLUSU office area after receiving an alarm. The alarm was caused because the person accessing the area was having difficulty with their code. No further action was required.

Injured/Sick Person
Date: Oct. 16, 2010 @ 4:13 p.m.
Location: Alumni Field
A report was received about a female suffering a knee injury on Alumni Field. SCS was called to assist. The injury was sustained while playing a game of soccer. The injured female was then transported by SCS to hospital for further examination and treatment.

Check Insecure Premise
Date: Oct. 16, 2010 @ 5:31 p.m.
Location: 202 Regina St.
A security alarm was received for the Registrar’s office at 202 Regina St. SCS Constables responded and completed a premise check. No issues were observed. The cause of the alarm is unknown.

Alarm
Date: Oct. 16, 2010 @ 6:47 p.m.
Location: Faculty of Social Work
A security alarm was received for the Faculty of Social Work main entrance area. SCS Constables responded and completed a premise check. Nothing suspicious was observed and the cause of the alarm is unknown.

Drugs
Date: Oct. 16, 2010 @ 9:18 p.m.
Location: Residence
Drug paraphernalia was seized at a residence after Special Constables responded to a call for assistance from residence staff. They are dealing with the persons responsible.

Alarm
Date: Oct. 16, 2010 @ 11:23 p.m.
Location: Faculty of Social Work
SCS Constables responded to the Faculty of Social Work after being notified of a low pressure supervisory alarm. The cause was determined to be low pressure in the main sprinkler system. Physical Resource personnel were notified and responded to correct the issue.

Liquor Offence
Date: Oct. 16, 2010 @ 11:58 p.m.
Location: DAWB / Library Quad
Several intoxicated students were spoken to by SCS Constables for liquor infractions.

Suspicious Vehicle
Date: Oct. 17, 2010 @ 9:41 a.m.
Location: Parking Lot #13
SCS Constables spoke with two males found sleeping within a parked vehicle. Both males (non students) had consumed a fair amount of alcohol the previous evening and had been unable to find a place of residence to sleep. Keys for the vehicle were taken by Constables and held until the parties involved were sober.

Injured / Sick Person
Date: Oct. 17, 2010 @ 2:24 p.m.
Location: Residence
SCS Constables responded to a residence to assist a female student suffering from of back muscle spasms. Waterloo EMS also responded and transported the student to Hospital for treatment.

Compassionate to Locate
Date: Oct. 17, 2010 @ 4:34 p.m.
Location: Science Building
Assistance was requested of Special Constable Service in locating a faculty member by a concerned family member. The faculty member was located by Constables and informed to contact the family member.

Alarm
Date: Oct. 17, 2010 @ 6:12 p.m.
Location: St. Michaels Campus
SCS Constables responded to the St. Michaels Campus after receiving a security alarm. Several students were found within the building working in a computer lab. Access to the building was gained through a wheel chair access door which had not been properly deactivated. The students were cleared from the building and the building was properly secured.

Injured / Sick Person

Date: Oct. 17, 2010 @ 10:30 p.m.
Location: Stadium
SCS Constables responded to the stadium along with ERT to assist a male student with a knee injury. The injury was sustained while participating in a floor hockey game. The student was treated by ERT and transported by a friend to hospital for further examination and treatment.