Memorial services announced for Leanne Holland Brown

Visitations and a memorial service has been announced for Leanne Holland Brown, who tragically passed away last Wednesday as the result of a traffic accident.

Yesterday, Deborah MacLatchy, president of Wilfrid Laurier University, provided all Laurier students information and details via email surrounding both the visitation and memorial for those in the Laurier community who wish to attend.

“Students, staff and faculty are invited to celebrate Leanne’s life and share memories with her family,” wrote MacLatchy in the email.

Visitation will be held on Tuesday, April 30 from 4 to 7 p.m. and Wednesday, May 1 from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. at the Erb & Good Family Funeral Home at 171 King St. S., Waterloo.

The Celebration of Life is said to take place on Thursday, May 2 at 3:30 p.m. at the Creekside Church, 660 Conservation Dr., Waterloo.

As well, MacLatchy announced that Laurier has created a memorial fund in Holland Brown’s honour and to celebrate her legacy.

“Donations to this fund will be used to support Laurier students directly, with specifics to be determined by Leanne’s family at a later date. For more information, please visit: www.laurieralumni.ca/leanne,” wrote MacLatchy.

A GoFundMe page for Holland Brown was created, raising over $25,000 in one day. 

The page has currently accumulated over $44,000, now in its second day. The money raised will go directly to Holland Brown’s family — her husband and two sons. 

The Laurier community is encouraged to reach out to supports and resources if needed, such as the Student Wellness Centre and the Delton Glebe Counselling Centre.