Laurier’s most balanced student

Monday

7:30 a.m. – Wake up

This might seem like an awful start to the week, but studies consistently show that successful people wake up earlier than the less successful variety. After a weekend of partying, including a wild time last night at Phil’s, Goldie is starting her week off strong with an early morning breakfast and some old-school cartoons.

8:30 a.m. – Jog

In addition to being an excellent form of exercise, running will help Goldie stay happy and energetic all day, since running releases endorphins which create a post-workout sense of euphoria.

No case of the Mondays for Goldie.

11:00 a.m. – Class

After a morning of exercise and getting organized for the week, Goldie heads off to an afternoon of classes feeling energized and happy. She is able to participate and stay awake, making a good impression on her professors, not to mention getting the most out of her lectures.

7:00 p.m. – Dinner with the roomies

No one likes eating alone. Communal dinners give Goldie time to catch up on life with the people she cares about.

Tuesday

9:00 a.m. – Wake up

A little bit of a sleep-in never hurt anyone, especially since Goldie was up till the wee hours of the morning doing post-Maxwell Music House readings. Keeping on top of her sleep is necessary during the school year to maintain health and energy.

9:30 a.m. – Class

12:00 p.m. – Yoga with the roomies

Who doesn’t love feeling calm and centered? Why wouldn’t Goldie sign up for yoga at the A.C. when it only costs $55 for an entire semester of classes? Yoga studios in downtown Kitchener charge $10 or more per session, meaning Goldie will save a fortune by getting centered on campus instead of off. Sleep is necessary during the school year to maintain health and energy.

4:00 p.m. – Class

7:00 p.m. – Meeting with professor

Goldie tries her best to not procrastinate, so she is meeting with her psych professor after class to discuss some ideas she has for her upcoming assignment. Goldie knows talking with her professors is a great way to stay on track and keep her grades high.

8:00 p.m. – Taco night at Ethel’s

Who doesn’t love four tacos for $2? Eating cheap and getting off campus for some care-free times with friends is a great way to maintain perspective and stay happy on campus, regardless of how busy Goldie gets.

Wednesday

8:00 a.m. – Rise n’ shine

Out of bed bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning, despite being out late last night… maybe Ethel’s tacos really are magical.

9:30 a.m. – Library

Goldie picks up some books for an assignment and gets some quiet reading in on the fifth floor of the library. Since it is practically deserted this time of year, Goldie is able to speed through a week’s worth of readings for her political science class in no time.

1:00 p.m. – Charity ball meeting

Goldie knows that giving back to the community is important. This year she has decided to donate some of her time and energy to help organize Laurier’s yearly Charity Ball. She also knows how great this will look on her resume.

3:30 p.m. – Screening at the Princess

So what if it isn’t a blockbuster hit? Indie movies totally have their appeal. Plus, getting away from campus is a nice change, especially when a night of entertainment is only $10. If you buy your tickets from the C-Spot, your admission is only $7.

9:00 p.m. – Starlight Lounge

Goldie loves seeing live shows, so she and a few friends from class are heading up King Street to the Starlight to see a few bands perform for as little as $10.

Thursday

9:30 a.m. – Wake up

Goldie knows that even the most balanced student will miss a class from time to time. Goldie’s not stressed about it, though, she thought ahead and exchanged contact information with a few of her classmates just in case.

12:00 p.m. – Recovery breakfast at Mel’s Diner

This food is so good it makes having a hangover worth it. Not to mention Goldie loves reminiscing about the crazy adventures from the night before with her equally hung-over friends.

1:00 p.m. – Class

5:30 p.m. – Hitting the gym

There is nothing like 30 minutes on the stairmaster to help Goldie sweat off the alcohol from the night before. While at the A.C., Goldie is planning to register for fall intramurals; ultimate frisbee never gets old.

7:00 p.m. – Photography club meeting

Goldie may not be a natural-born photographer, but she has always had a big appreciation for great photography. Goldie knows she has the potential to learn just as much outside of the classroom as inside of it while at Laurier, so she joined a club that sparked her interest.

Friday

10:30 a.m. – Wake up

Goldie might not have class on Fridays, but she certainly keeps herself busy and productive.

11:30 a.m. – Writing Centre appointment

Goldie races to the writing centre on the main floor of Laurier’s library to have her history essay reviewed. Essay writing was never one of Goldie’s strengths, but her time spent with the writing centre will help change that.

1:30 p.m. – Homework

Getting a head start on assignments is going to make November a lot less stressful; Goldie is very aware of this.

2:00 p.m. – Jog

5:30 p.m. – Skype dinner with the family

There is nothing like Skype when it comes to staying in touch with the family while away at school. Sharing dinner with her family via Skype’s online video calling makes her feel like she is right there with them. She may be living away from home, but Goldie knows how important it is to stay in touch with those she loves; doing it for free and in real time makes it hard to resist.