Laurier will require students, staff and faculty to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to return to campus

Wilfrid Laurier University announced that they will “require all students, staff and faculty to be fully vaccinated or have plans to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine to return to campus this fall,” Laurier’s press release posted on Aug. 13 said.

Laurier joins the growing list of Ontario universities making COVID-19 vaccinations mandatory for those planning to return to campuses in September.

Other post-secondary schools that have already announced their decisions to require COVID-19 inoculations include York University, The University of Toronto, Western University, and Guelph.

“As of Sept. 7, Laurier community members will be required to confirm their vaccination status in advance of attending the Brantford or Waterloo campuses, or other locations, including in Kitchener, Toronto and Milton,” the news statement said.

Students who have not been vaccinated will be required to commit to regular COVID-19 testing and receive negative results before attending campus.

“Anyone who is unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected under the Ontario Human Rights Code will be able to submit a request for accommodation and will be required to follow testing requirements and health and safety protocols outlined for them by the university,” the statement said.

More information about Laurier’s COVID-19 safety preparations for the fall can be found here.