Laurier student Harrison Reimer passes away

On Oct. 24, 2018, Wilfrid Laurier University confirmed the passing of second-year student Harrison Reimer.

Reimer, 19-years-old, was a financial math student and is said to have passed away on Oct. 21, 2018. Reimer’s cause of death is currently unknown by The Cord.

According to Reimer’s obituary, he is described as being a “hardworking and bright student who entertained friends and family with his quick sense of humour and mature view of life.”

Reimer’s visitation is said to take place this Sunday Oct. 28 in Oakville. His funeral service will take place on Monday Oct. 29. More details can be found here.

The family has also set up a GoFundMe campaign to assist with funeral expenses which can be found here.

“The Dean of Students is connected with the Reimer family to offer support and to extend heartfelt sympathy on behalf of the Laurier community. Flags will be lowered to half-mast across the university in recognition of this loss to the Laurier community,” read a statement released by Laurier earlier today.

“Losing a student has a significant impact on our entire Laurier community. Support is being coordinated for students directly impacted,” it continued.

Students looking for supports are encouraged to seek out various campus resources, such as the Student Wellness Centre, the Delton Glebe Counselling Centre and others.