Laurier community mourns the passing of Tatiana Maraidas
Wilfrid Laurier University is deeply saddened by the passing of Tatiana Maraidas, a varsity soccer athlete and a second-year student in the Faculty of Science.
Her passing was confirmed on Monday, July 11, and flags at the Waterloo campus will be lowered to honour her on Tuesday, July 12.
Laurier’s Dean of Students Office has reached out and is providing support to those impacted by Tatiana’s passing.
Her funeral service will be held on Tuesday, July 12 at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church in Brampton beginning at 10:30 a.m. and is open to her friends and family.
“Laurier cares about its students’ safety and well-being and losing a student has a significant impact on the entire community,” Laurier’s statement said.
Resources and supports are available for anyone impacted by this loss:
- The Student Wellness Centres: 519.884.0710 x3146 or email@example.com.
- Here 24/7: 1.844.437.3247.
- Delton Glebe Counselling Centre: 519.884.3305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dean of Students’ Office: 519.884.0710 x3533 or email@example.com (Waterloo) or 519.756.8228 x5716 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Brantford).
- Laurier Human Resources employee and family assistance program: 519.884.0710 x2007 or email@example.com.
- Laurier’s Special Constable Service: 519.885.3333 (Waterloo) or 519.770.3778 (Brantford).
- If you are suicidal or do not think you can keep yourself safe right now, call 911.