Keeping cool in this heat: Waterloo opens cooling centres
It’s sweltering out there, so the city of Waterloo has decided to open up a few cooling centres. Here’s what’s going on this week in the community:
- Waterloo City Centre is open Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- RIM Park is open daily from 6 a.m. to midnight
- Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex is open daily from 6 a.m. to midnight
- Albert McCormick Community Centre is open daily from 7 a.m. to midnight
- Adult Recreation Centre is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Lions Lagoon, at Waterloo Park, is open all week with extended hours – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Moses Springer outdoor pool is open for public swims until 9 p.m. up to and including Friday night.
If you want more information on how to stay safe in hot, humid weather, you can visit www.ec.gc.ca.