K-W in brief

Graphic by Adele Palmquist
Graphic by Adele Palmquist

First local drive-thru Beer Store opens in Kitchener
The Beer Store located at 250 Bleams Rd. in Kitchener is now accessible to customers through a drive-thru option, which was opened at the beginning of February. This is the third of its kind in Ontario, with the other two drive-thrus located in Hamilton and London. Sales are still accepted through the storefront. This location was favoured for a drive-thru based on the heavy amount of traffic it receives, with 25, 000 hectolitres per year. The drive-thru provides all normal sale services, but does not accept empties. The next Beer Store drive-thru is expected to open next year in Woodstock, Ontario.

Clocks set to ‘spring ahead’ this weekend
Waterloo Fire Rescue is reminding residents to put their clocks ahead this weekend. They also recommend that people use this time as an opportunity to check the batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms.

Man charged after stabbing
A domestic violence incident that occurred last Thursday has led to a man being charged. The incident took place between a man and a woman on Madison Ave. S. in Kitchener. Rescue crews were called to the scene at 4:18 a.m., where both the man and woman, who police claim were known to each other,  were found injured. The woman had been stabbed. Both individuals remain in hospital. Neither the man’s nor the woman’s name is being released in order to protect the identity of the victim.