If you hate reading, this is for you 

Someone holding a book
Contributed image.

Reading isn’t for everyone.  

However, even those who don’t enjoy reading must concede that some of the best movies only became acclaimed due to the original novels. 

Here are some of the best movie adaptations that will feel the same as reading the novels.   

If you want some classic literature, Little Women is an excellent choice.  

Originally written by Louisa May Alcott, this novel follows four sisters and their bond as they navigate growing up and coming into their own.  

If you enjoy coming-of-age stories, but the book on your shelf is too dusty to pick up, grab your T.V. remote instead.  

First written in 1868, this novel has remained relevant in contemporary society due to the way in which love within the story is portrayed in a romantic and sisterly way.  

This novel also challenges the idea of women in the workforce, and the idea of putting yourself first over romantic love.  

With the most recent adaptation of this movie being in 2019, directed by Greta Gerwig, there’s no doubt its influence will be everlasting.  

Starring actors and actresses such as Florence Pugh, Saoirse Ronan, Emma Watson and Timothee Chalamet, this movie will make you feel as if you have read its source material.   

If sci-fi is more your speed, Dune by Frank Herbert is a great pick. His novel was first published in 1965 and caught many readers’ attention immediately with a complex fantasy world for readers to build upon in their minds.  

So much attention was drawn to this book that they tried to make a movie adaptation of it in the 1980s, but it didn’t manage to do as well as the book.  

However, in 2021, Dune had a resurgence with the first movie starring Zendaya and Timothee Chalamet. The movie manages to avoid some of the drawn-out politics that are presented in the beginning of the novel, which make the movie more appealing.  

In addition, the visual world building of the movie is almost exactly as explained in the novel.  

The story of Paul Atreides and Chani is what this series is all about, and there is no better time to get into this series.  

It’s time to sit down and start a movie marathon; what do you look for?  

The Harry Potter movies are just the right choice. 

When J.K. Rowling wrote the first novel in 1997, she created a world not just for readers, but one that was perfect for the big screen.  

The novel series has seven books total following Harry from the muggle world to the wizarding world with all kinds of challenges along the way alongside help from his two friends, Hermione and Ron.  

If seven novels seem too daunting for you, the movies are the place to go. The sets are stunning, and the soundtrack is amazing.   

There are so many people that watch these movies every year and never read the books; there’s nothing wrong with joining them!  

Now that we’ve determined reading isn’t for everyone, just relax, flick on these movies, and tell your friends about the novels as if you read them.  

If they haven’t read them either, they’ll never know the difference! Happy watching (or reading).