Hall of Fame defaced

Around closing time on the evening of Jan. 14, three unidentified males urinated on the golden hawk crest on the floor of the Fred Nichols Campus Centre Hall of Fame. Captured on security cameras, the three are seen exiting toward the Concourse.

Two hours later, two of the three returned to the entrance of Wilf’s and removed the four-foot-tall wooden sign for the bar. Wilfrid Laurier University Students’ Union general manager Mike McMahon valued the sign, which was installed in 1997, at approximately $5,000. “That’s why we’re really hoping to get it back,” he said.

Special Constable Services are investigating the incidents and working closely with Waterloo Regional Police. Posters hung by WLUSU outside of the restaurant promise a $1,000 cash reward for information leading to an arrest.

“We had a busy night upstairs [at the Turret] as well with the wrap up of Winter Carnival, the carryover of the festivities of last week,” McMahon added. “It was a busy night in the building.”

Suspect descriptions:

1. Male, white, 6’ 2”, 180 lbs. thin build, long curly blond hair, wearing a black jacket, blue jeans, and brown shoes.

2. Male, East Indian, black hair, 5’ 10”, 160 lbs. thin build, wearing a green winter coat, pink shirt, blue jeans and black shoes.

3. Male, white, 5’ 10”, 160 lbs. thin build, wearing a white winter jacket, Grey toque, red t-shirt, brown pants and black shoes.