Feb 9, 2011

Drugs

Location: Residence
Date: Jan. 31, 2011 @ 12:29 a.m.
SCS received a report of students in a Residence using drugs. SCS officers attended and seized a small amount of drugs and paraphernalia. SCS officers attended to Div#3 with the seized items, and submitted for destruction.

Graffiti

Location: Library 5th floor
Date: Jan. 31, 2011 @ 7:35 a.m.
SCS received a report from the Library custodian advising that someone had drawn graffiti in the 5th floor men’s washroom. SCS officers attended and noted someone had drawn a large picture of a man’s penis on the washroom stall. Photos were taken, and Physical Plant and Planning were notified to repair the wall

Property Damage

Location: 202 Regina Street- Front Entrance Door
Date: Jan. 31, 2011 @ 9:15 a.m.
SCS received a report from a staff member at 202 Regina Street that the front entrance door bottom panel was cracked. SCS officer attended and photos taken of the damage. No video footage was available of the incident. No suspects at the time. Physical Plant and Planning notified to repair the pane.

Compassionate to Locate

Location: Residence
Date: Jan. 31, 2011 @ 1:13 a.m.
SCS received a call from a concerned parent, requesting assistance in locating his son. The father stated he received a call from his son asking him to pick him up at his Residence. The father attended, but his son was not there. Residence Life staff member located the student in his room sleeping.

Drugs

Location: Residence
Date: Feb. 1, 2011 @ 11:43 a.m.
SCS officers received a report of students using drugs in a residence. A group of Resident students admitted to smoking marijuana in their room to SCS officers. A moderate amount of drugs (10.31grams) were seized and submitted for destruction at Div#3. No charges were laid in this matter. Residence Life Sanction/suspensions imposed.

Drugs

Location: Residence
Date: Feb. 1, 2011 @ 12:22 a.m.
SCS officers received a report from the Duty Don indicating students were using drugs in one of their rooms. SCS officers attended and seized a small amount of drugs and drug paraphernalia, which was taken to Div#3 and submitted for destruction.

Liquor Offence

Location: Residence
Date: Feb. 1, 2011 @ 11:43 a.m.
While SCS Officers were investigating a drug related matter, an 18-year-old student resident admitted to having alcohol in his possession. The alcohol was seized, and a Provincial Offence Notice was issued for “Person under 19 years of age having alcohol”

Theft Under

Location: Concourse
Date: February 01, 2011 @ 2:33am
SCS received a report from a student advising his wallet was stolen. The student stated he left his wallet on a table in the Concourse on Sunday January 30, 2011 and just came to report at this time. CCTV video footage was reviewed and SCS was unable to who took the wallet due to the location of the cameras. No suspects at this time.

Drugs

Location: Residence
Date: Feb. 1, 2011 @ 3:03 a.m.
SCS attended to a residence in response to a report of drug use within a residence room. A small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia was seized. Two male students will be dealt with through Residence Life.

Theft Under $5,000

Location: Bricker Academic Building
Date: Feb. 1, 2011
A female student attended to SCS to report the theft of her purse from a classroom after an exam. Special Constables are investigating.

Lost and Found

Location: F.N.C.C.
Date: Feb. 1, 2011 @ 4:40 p.m.
A male student attended SCS to report the theft of his backpack, containing a laptop. He had left the 24 hour lounge earlier in the day, forgetting to take the backpack with him. He returned to the area a few hours later to find the backpack missing. Lost and Found was checked with negative results and cameras were to be reviewed. The male student attended SCS once again, in the evening and requested Lost and Found be checked again. The backpack was subsequently found in the system and returned to the owner.

Dispute

Location: Residence
Date: Feb. 2, 2011 @ 03:33 a.m.
SCS attended to a Residence in response to a report of a disturbance within the building. The physical altercation involved 2 intoxicated males who began with a verbal altercation at an off-campus bar. The males were separated by a Residence Life Don and no injuries were sustained. While speaking with Residence Life staff and Officers, one male disclosed feelings of depression and concern in regards to alcohol abuse and wished to get help. He was transported to Grand River Hospital for assessment on a voluntary basis.

Drugs

Location: Residence
Date: Feb. 2, 2011 @ 12:57 a.m.
SCS attended to a Residence in response to a report received from Residence Life Staff of drug use in a residence room. One male student was found in possession of marijuana and related paraphernalia. He will be dealt with through Residence Life. During the incident, the male disclosed information to Officers regarding a possible drug dealer living in another residence. Officers attended to the residence and spoke with the suspect who denied any involvement. The information will be forwarded to the Waterloo Regional Police Service Drug Branch for further investigation.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Residence
Date: Feb. 2, 2011 @ 10:32 p.m.

SCS and ERT attended to a residence in response to a report of a person complaining of a head injury. A male student had hit his head when he ran into another student. They were playing football at the time. The male was treated on scene by ERT and declined going to hospital. He was advised to seek further medical treatment if his condition worsened.

Drugs

Location: Residence
Date: Feb. 3, 2011 @ 4:46 a.m.
SCS officers attended to a student residence in response to some suspected drug usage. A small quantity of marihuana and drug paraphernalia was seized for destruction. A female student will be dealt with by Residence Life for the violation. A male party (guest – nonstudent) was trespassed from WLU property.

Unwanted Person

Location: Residence
Date: Jan. 28, 2011 @ 12:30 a.m.
On Jan. 28, 2011 SCS officers had attended to the student residence in response to a complaint of drug usage. At that time they also dealt with an 18-year-old male guest that was issued a Provincial Offence Notice under The Trespass to Property Act for ‘Engage in a prohibited activity on premise’. He was escorted off WLU property and sent on his way.

Misc/Other

Location: Bricker Residence
Date: Feb. 3, 2011 @ 9:00 p.m.
SCS officers attended to the student residence in relation to a delivery service possibly making a delivery of suspected alcohol to under age students. The delivery vehicle was gone upon SCS arrival and the students receiving the delivery were not located. Residence Life Staff and the Dons will be monitoring situations of this nature more closely in the future.

Alarm:

Location: 266 Marsland Drive
Date: Feb. 4, 2011 @ 10:46 p.m.
A burglary alarm was received as coming from 266 Marsland Drive. The interior and exterior of the premises were checked by a SCS officer and everything appeared to be in order. Cause of the alarm is unknown.

Liquor Offence

Location: Residence
Date: Feb. 4, 2011 @ 10:55 p.m.
SCS officers attended to a noise complaint at a residence and discovered a room full people that had all been drinking. veryone was found to be of age with the exception of one male party (guest). He was arrested under the Liquor Licence Act for refusing to identify himself. Once his identity was established as a minor he was released and barred from the premises for the evening.

Property Damage

Location: Peter’s Building
Date: Feb. 5, 2011 @ 4:13 a.m.
A SCS officer on foot patrol of the Frank C Peters Building (2nd floor beside room#P2069) discovered that person(s) unknown had either punched or kicked a large hole in the drywall in the corridor. There is no CCTV camera in this area.

Assistance Call From Public

Location: Athletic Complex
Date: Feb. 5, 2011 @ 10:18 a.m.
SCS officers attended the Athletic Complex in response to a complaint of feces on the washroom floor. Custodial staff was called in for cleanup. There are no suspects at the present time.

Alarm

Location: Residence
Date: Feb. 5, 2011 @ 11:14 a.m.
SCS officers along with the Waterloo Fire Department responded to the above address in response to a fire alarm. The cause of the alarm was determined to be a smoke detector which had become activated due to food burning on a stove top.

Dangerous Condition

Location: Residence
Date: Feb. 5, 2011 @ 1:42 p.m.
A SCS officer responded to the above location in response to complaints about a student throwing items out windows onto the street below. The student responsible was identified and subsequently arrested by the responding officer. One male student will be sent before the Judicial Affairs Counsel for a disciplinary hearing.

Property (Lost and Found)

Location: Terrace Food Court
Date: Feb. 5, 2011 @ 12:54 p.m.
A Sikh ceremonial knife was recovered from the Terrace and is being held at the SCS lost and found until the owner can be identified.

Theft Under $5000

Location: Terrace Food Court
Date: Feb. 5, 2011 @ 7:45 p.m.
SCS were called to investigate a theft after a lost purse was recovered from the Terrace Food Court and after being turned over to its rightful owner it was determined that $100 in cash had been stolen from the purse. At this time there are no suspects in this matter.

Drugs

Location: Residence
Date: Feb. 5, 2011 @ 10:23 p.m.
SCS officers attended to a student residence in response to suspected drug usage. A small quantity of marihuana and drug paraphernalia was seized for destruction. 5 students are being sent before the Judicial Affairs Counsel for discipline.

Drugs

Location: Residence
Date: Feb. 5, 2011 @ 09:41 p.m.
SCS officers attended to Residence in response to suspected drug usage. Both marihuana and drug paraphernalia were seized for destruction. Two students will be dealt with by Residence Life for the violation. One of the two students is also being sent before the Judicial Affairs Counsel for further discipline.

Injured / Sick Person:

Location: FNCC – Turret Night Club
Date: Feb. 6, 2011 @ 12:27 a.m.
An SCS officer attended to the Turret night club along with ERT in response to an injured student. The injured student had sustained injuries to both of her knees after falling within the establishment. The injured student has an ongoing history of knee problems. ERT treated the student who was then transported home by sober friends.

Unsafe Condition

Location: Student Services Building – Dining Hall
Date: Feb. 6, 2011 @ 01:49 p.m.
SCS officers attended to the dining hall within the Student Services building after receiving reports of cracking glass panes in the ceiling at the South end of the hall. The area was deemed unsafe and subsequently closed off. Physical Resources was notified for repairs.