Director quits board

Justin Glover, a member of the Wilfrid Laurier University Students’ Union board of directors, has resigned from his position as an elected student representative.

A letter of resignation was sent yesterday evening stating that he did not have enough time to commit to the board.

“Right now I cannot make the board a priority for me. It is unfair for me to be in that room; it’s unfair to the other people in that room,” said Glover.

He added that this semester he is taking two more classes than he had been in the fall and that he also has two jobs.

Glover noted that he enjoyed his time as a director and feels he has a much stronger grasp on policy now.

He added that he plans to continue to spread information about WLUSU and bring issues to the board that students inform him of.

“This isn’t a decision I came to lightly,” he said.

According to chair of the board Saad Aslam, it will be up to the board whether they want to replace Glover’s seat or not.

However, Aslam predicts the seat will remain vacant for the remainder of the term.

A similar situation occurred last year at this time when director Taylor McGuire stepped down from his seat. The board did not replace him.

“It’s unfortunate that he has to step down, but if he doesn’t have the time to commit, at least he was up front about it. I appreciate it and I’m sure the rest of the board does as well,” said Aslam.