Bag O’ Crime: Oct 20-15 2015

Reported: Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A 20 year old male Laurier student was arrested by WRPS on numerous firearm-related criminal offences.  These charges stem from a series of BB gun shootings during the month of September in which several Laurier students were shot at with a CO2 air gun. The accused was held in custody for a bail hearing and was released the following day with numerous stringent conditions and to reside with a surety.

Location: On Campus

Reported: Tuesday, October 21, 2015 @ 6:48 p.m.

A female student contacted SCS regarding the suspicious behavior of a male that had been following her on campus. She had been walking from the Athletic Complex to the Fred Nichols Campus Centre when a male walking behind her advised her that she had dropped something and mentioned this twice. She had not and the male came closer to her making her feel uncomfortable. The male then left the area. She did not feel threatened or fear for her safety.

Location: Bouckaert Hall

Reported: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 @ 8:47 a.m.

SCS was made aware of a collection of signs (Real Estate & Laurier) that had been accumulating over a period of time in a lounge in the residence. The signs were returned to their respective owners.  A large number of the residents were found to have been responsible and they will be dealt with by Residence Life.

Location: Science Building

Reported: Thursday, October 22, 2015 @ 11:41 p.m.

WRPS and SCS are investigating an online “Snapchat” posting that raised concerns in the wake of an internet threat last week which prompted the lockdown of the university’s Waterloo campus. There was no immediate danger to the Laurier community. The posting included the image of a man holding what police have determined to be a replica weapon and a caption referencing the “Science Building.” Additional security and police presence was provided on campus for the day.

Location: Parking Lot #1

Reported: Saturday, October 24, 2015 @ 12:39 a.m.

SCS responded to lot #1 after receiving a report of a theft from a motor vehicle. The victim and owner of the vehicle reported observing several males within her car which she had parked in the lot. The males fled the scene prior to the arrival of SCS. A small amount of coin was taken from the vehicle. The suspects have not been identified.

Location: Solarium

Reported: N/A

SCS investigated a report of several posters near the Toyota Solarium having been defaced. The posters, which are part of an on-going diversity and respect campaign with regards to Halloween, had been defaced with a black marker. There are presently no suspects in this incident. LSPIRG were notified.

Location: Athletic Complex

Reported: Sunday, October 25, 2015 @ 12:30 p.m.

A student attended SCS Dispatch Centre to report a sexual assault that happened sometime between 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 24, and 12:30 a.m. on Sunday October 25.  The reporting person is friends with the victim, who is unwilling to come forward at this time. The assault happened somewhere near the Athletic Complex on WLU property. The reporting person was given advice and contact information, and asked to encourage the victim to attend Saint Mary’s Hospital, and to report the incident to police. No suspect descriptors available.